• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I had no idea a Kibler was like this

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@TDM What size flint fits the WR? I am very much on the fence but want to go to a 54 flintlock for big game and the WR does fit the bill perfectly.
7/8” wide x 1” long. And if you polish the trigger bar and sear you’ll get a very nice pull for a single trigger. Haven’t measured it, but it’s good.

Why is that? Looked okay to me and he’s done other rifles. Because he put the sights in backwards? He said in the next vid why he did that.

It’s easy to knock other’s work — especially on the internet. Post your own work. Let’s see a video of you doing it. We’re waiting.
I’m entitled to my own opinion

For those griping about the sights backwards.......

I have met and talked to Peter Kelly at Pricket 's Fort School of the Longhunter. He is a very sincere, knowledgeable man.

I messaged him about his not following Kibler's instructions about the nosecap screws, and the backwards sights.
Too late about the screws, but his next video explained about the sights.

Well buckwheat I really hate to inform you that I’m entitled to my own opinion! If you don’t like it, then you can go and pound sand….

All the forum members and myself would like you to quit being an imbecile….. We’re waiting….
Don't speak for me Jack. I agree with that post.

You got some rifle builds to post up?

Attachments

• 6AB5EA4D-9FE0-42E7-871E-B37D58E3FD6C.jpeg
    6AB5EA4D-9FE0-42E7-871E-B37D58E3FD6C.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Show me what you got buckwheat.
I've posted my work, I'm not the one griping about somebody else's work. Never have, never will. I'd rather see someone put in the effort and come up a little short than just sit on the couch and do nothing.

Can't, by the way, see much detail in that photo....could be just a rack of pawn shop finds with old english smeared on them. I'll have to assume it's good work you did yourself.

I've posted my work, I'm not the one griping about somebody else's work. Never have, never will. I'd rather see someone put in the effort and come up a little short than just sit on the couch and do nothing.

Can't, by the way, see much detail in that photo....could be just a rack of pawn shop finds with old english smeared on them. I'll have to assume it's good work you did yourself.
All talk and no show I see! I’ve should have known….

We are a little more laid back here. Now if you want to really show off your work you need to be on the ALR forum. I’m sure they’d be pleased to pass judgment. They don’t hold back. Lots of incredibly knowledgeable folks there. But here, I like to see people do their best and I applaud them for it.

We are a little more laid back here. Now if you want to really show off your work you need to be on the ALR forum. I’m sure they’d be pleased to pass judgment. They don’t hold back. Lots of incredibly knowledgeable folks there. But here, I like to see people do their best and I applaud them for it.
I've seen a few originals with front sights backward which surprised me.

My most recent rifle build, built while I was down for six months with a hip replacement.
Screenshot_20230929_183808_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230929_183820_Gallery.jpg

My next one, 62 cal smooth bore, hopefully this winter.
Screenshot_20220728-180019_Gallery.jpg

I do a bit more than guns on my bench. Do you build knives and leatherwork?

I do.

Screenshot_20220719-134802_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20231010_220512_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20221202-201148_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20231010_221056_Gallery.jpg

Tomahawks?

I do.
Screenshot_20231010_220857_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20231010_220843_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20231010_220825_Gallery.jpg

Powder horns? Scrimshaw?

I do.