• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

i figured out why i missed the doe when i the video

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Howie1968

40 Cal.
Reaction score
i uploaded the video as ive watched over and over i just realized i blasted a hole in the blind on the supporting crosspiece that supports the window screens. another thing i should have had the setting on the monopod at that close i should have free handed it the video is dark and grainy but when i b;lew it up full screen i seen what happened
mistakes while muzzleloading hunting - YouTube

Hunting certainly isn't a sure thing. I used to design houses and built for utmost efficiency, but Hunting for meat is the least efficient method to procure it. Yet, there's just something about this activity that keeps me coming back to try again.
Like you, last Tuesday evening I had a surgical sight on a doe after allowing her to graze close and broadside. When the hammer fell all that happened was a metallic click. She nearly jumped out of her skin, staring intently at my position in the brush. I thumbed back the hammer quickly, lined up again, or so I thought, and promptly missed her in the rush of the moment. Bumfuzzled, yes. Will we continue this passion? Absolutely!

No disrespect but it seems like alot of people are more concerned on bein a movie producer than bein involved a focused on the hunt.:dunno:
There are folks that hunt to hunt, others that would like to film their hunt, and then there are the film makers that want to film a hunt. We all seem come here, shoot and go into the woods for different and valid reasons. And some actually don’t use muzzleloaders when they hunt….. hard to understand or explain.

In Florida, at 65yo you get a free hunting license. That plus some of the largest National
Forests East of the Big River gives you cheap access to food grade meat. Tons of hogs too.
Hogs are year round. With the free hunting license you also get a free fishing license.
With the trusty old Hawken and a fishing pole you have the grocery back-up plan, on
the cheap, for old geezers like me. The young pups will need to spend a little to hunt-
but it is still a cheap way to fill the freezer.

Humble pie is good for the sole, i kill lots of animals especially pigs the video showed me my mistake. video is something i am horrible at, however i keep trying i keep strict journals of my hunts lots of pictures and some videos so for when i am gon my daughters and so far 9 grandkids who all hunt will know and remember who got them started

While I’m not a big fan of videoing while hunting, in this case had the shot not been filmed it’s possible the miss could have been written off as a simple miss, end the error not understood and corrected. IMO.

Back