• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I did a bad thing.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
shipping damage not warranty, send it back! and tell Larry Potterfield to stop ginning like a mule eating briars and do something about it! or put him on notice that he will be known for his actions on every gun forum, be it good or bad!

Go and search their customer help center for "returning a muzzleloader". The link below pops up and THAT IS IT. Nothing specific to muzzleloaders.

I know you mean well, and I agree, but unfortunately this is their policy. Now it's a muzzleloader here, so not technically under the federal law, so I would like to hear what their customer service says about it. Betting heavy odds you will hear they consider it a "gun" and don't return it.

https://www.midwayusa.com/help/returning-a-gun/14496
"Returning a Gun
Due to Federal regulations, guns are not returnable. Please inspect your gun thoroughly before transfer. If the gun received at the FFL Dealer is incorrect or damaged in shipment, do not take possession of the gun, and please Contact Us. After transfer, any warranty or repair work must be coordinated directly with the gun manufacturer."

Go and search their customer help center for "returning a muzzleloader". The link below pops up and THAT IS IT. Nothing specific to muzzleloaders.

I know you mean well, and I agree, but unfortunately this is their policy. Now it's a muzzleloader here, so not technically under the federal law, so I would like to hear what their customer service says about it. Betting heavy odds you will hear they consider it a "gun" and don't return it.

https://www.midwayusa.com/help/returning-a-gun/14496
"Returning a Gun
Due to Federal regulations, guns are not returnable. Please inspect your gun thoroughly before transfer. If the gun received at the FFL Dealer is incorrect or damaged in shipment, do not take possession of the gun, and please Contact Us. After transfer, any warranty or repair work must be coordinated directly with the gun manufacturer."
That last part where it says "or repair work" is what I was referring too as being more of a hassle than it's worth depending on the damage. I've run into this before and had to eat shipping to the manufacture to the free repair paid for by the shipping insurance but was never reimbursed for it. And it took forever as my item (metal detector) was effectively held for ransom till the repair work and shipping back to me were paid for.

What was the actual damage ? Traditions will send you replacement parts , but may take time depending on what's in stock.

While it is a huge pain for an honest person, I don't blame MIDWAY or any company for being forced to enact such policy as I know firsthand from my own work that way too many people are dishonest crooks that'll screw a company in a heartbeat and smile and be mean while they do it.
The main thing is the company does right by the honest customer when something unfortunate does happen.
In no way shape or form saying anything here but almost 2 pages in and no pics of this shipping damage.
Maybe some of you could jump off the jumping to conclusions wagon for a sec.

While it is a huge pain for an honest person, I don't blame MIDWAY or any company for being forced to enact such policy as I know firsthand from my own work that way too many people are dishonest crooks that'll screw a company in a heartbeat and smile and be mean while they do it.
The main thing is the company does right by the honest customer when something unfortunate does happen.
In no way shape or form saying anything here but almost 2 pages in and no pics of this shipping damage.
Maybe some of you could jump off the jumping to conclusions wagon for a sec.
As a long time shopper at Home Depot i have seen many pieces of equipment purchased, used extensively and returned for some bs reason. their policy was to restock those items. the next guy got screwed. usually me. being a stockholder i raised this situation and got the policy changed.
as customers of Midway, maybe we collectively could petition and have their policies changed. just a thought, strength in numbers you know.

As a long time shopper at Home Depot i have seen many pieces of equipment purchased, used extensively and returned for some bs reason. their policy was to restock those items. the next guy got screwed. usually me. being a stockholder i raised this situation and got the policy changed.
as customers of Midway, maybe we collectively could petition and have their policies changed. just a thought, strength in numbers you know.
Midway used to take returns on BP arms. I would imagine their policy change was in part due to some version of the example you gave. They should however make good on a shipping damage issue even if it's a wee bit of a pain since a gun is involved.

From Midway's "Returns Policy".

"If a product (other than a gun) is defective, we will accept it with a detailed explanation of the defect, subject to validation upon receipt. Guns cannot be returned to MidwayUSA. Factory New Guns should be returned directly to the manufacturer for warranty claims."
But it's not defective. It's shipping damage.
Call your credit card to dispute the charge due to shipping damage.
I had a bad buyers experience with PayPal but I had used my credit card with PayPal. PayPal did say it's an easier fight if you sign into your account ( which I had not done ) it generally is easier. I had to fight like heck but eventually got my money back.

from what i gather, Midway is probably innocent in this matter: the rifle was probably in proper shape when it left them, and was damaged by a ham handed (or malicious) person working for the shipper, so it looks like your claim is with the shipper. If you used a credit card (and i hope you did), then call the bank and dispute the charge ... tell them that it was received in a damaged condition and it's now worthless to you, so would the please reverse the charges. When you finally get your money back, drop a few hundred more into this project and get on of Kibler's kits ... a bit expensive, but well worth the money.

best pf luck :)

Would like to point out again that the OP quit posting after contacting Midway. Still no pics of the damage.

Would also like to point out that taking delivery of an item that requires a signature to take possession of. Then filing a claim with someone other than the seller the item was purchased from to get one's money back from the seller for said item is a wee bit of fraud.

If the packaging was obviously damaged, I would have refused delivery.

That could be a catch 22.

Earlier this week I "took delivery" of a front fender for a 1999 Silverado pickup. When I say "took delivery" it was left at my back door while I was at work.

Huge box, adequate packaging inside, and absolutely ZERO damage to the outside of the box. I initially thought cool, I lucked out. Upon removing the fender there were 4 kinda large dents in it. WAY less than the fender I'm replacing but enough to get upset over buying a new one. I knew the risks, but like I said, the box itself is pristine.

I contacted the seller through the ebay messaging feature, told them I was highly suspicious the fender was damaged prior to packaging, and I would be providing feedback accordingly per their solution. They promptly replied with a fairly sincere apology and 3 options to choose from. 1) accept a partial refund if the damage is repairable, 2) return the fender for a full refund, 3) return the fender and they will ship out a replacement. I thought that very fair of them.

But, not every business is willing to make their customers happy. Midway hasn't been one of those for a very long time. Just their shipping costs make me shop elsewhere.

Shipping damage makes me wonder just how well the gun was packed. Forum member Colonial Riflesmith shipped his build to me in a wood and plywood crate. Well secured and padded in the crate. Likely would have survived a train wreck unscathed.
Even with brand new guns at the gun shop I have not seen a cardboard containers I would ship USPS with.

That could be a catch 22.

Earlier this week I "took delivery" of a front fender for a 1999 Silverado pickup. When I say "took delivery" it was left at my back door while I was at work.

Huge box, adequate packaging inside, and absolutely ZERO damage to the outside of the box. I initially thought cool, I lucked out. Upon removing the fender there were 4 kinda large dents in it. WAY less than the fender I'm replacing but enough to get upset over buying a new one. I knew the risks, but like I said, the box itself is pristine.

I contacted the seller through the ebay messaging feature, told them I was highly suspicious the fender was damaged prior to packaging, and I would be providing feedback accordingly per their solution. They promptly replied with a fairly sincere apology and 3 options to choose from. 1) accept a partial refund if the damage is repairable, 2) return the fender for a full refund, 3) return the fender and they will ship out a replacement. I thought that very fair of them.

But, not every business is willing to make their customers happy. Midway hasn't been one of those for a very long time. Just their shipping costs make me shop elsewhere.
Nothing at Midway I can't live without or get elsewhere.

Back