• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hunting Situation #9

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

musketman

Passed On
Reaction score
You are in a quiet spot with your flintlock waiting for deer when another hunter (with a cold) comes trudging through and plops his fat [censored] down in front of you about 25 yards away, coughing and sneezing the whole time...

Do you move?
Do you make a noise to let him know you are there?
Do yo tell him to move?

NAhh, if he's that sick, coughing, sneezing, and such, do him a favor, just put him out of his misery. Then the deer hunt can become a bear hunt cause ya got fresh bait. ::

If it's still pre-dawn I shine a light on him and say: "There's one Bubba, lets wait 'til he nods off. Soo-wiee" giggle, giggle

If it's light already pour a little cool water from my canteen onto my hand and I tip-toe as quietly as I can behind him, grab the back of his neck and say: "It's your time, mortal."

This one works best if you have a dark grey, hooded capote.

Well Musketman, if you hunt in the outfit that you show by
your forum name, you could make a scary sound. When the fellow with the cold looks around and spots a scarecrow seating in a tree...... well the fellow will never go into the woods again. Also, that blond headed girl that goes looking for bigfoot on the outdoor channel would have something else to look for. The abominable scarecrow. "Lurking in a Ohio woods near you"! :thumbsup:

i would let him know i was there by snapping a dead piece of wood about an 1 1/2" in dia :crackup: :crackup: and when he spun around thinking it was a deer i would just wave to him with a great big smile on my face :blah: and just sit where i was and finish hunting since it's only opening day :results:.........................bob

I would alert him to my postion and right to be there long before he got the chance to park his you know what. If he still sat down, I would ask him to leave. If he would not leave, then I would sit right next to him and tell him a single boring deer hunting story over and over and over and over and over..... ::

I had a similar thing happen, a squirrel hunter was running his fiest dog and it treed right next to where I was deer hunting in a natural blind. He was illegal at that time hunting squirrel during deer gun season AND he was trespassing. The dog treed on the tree next to me, but I saw the squirrel jump the tree and head out of the country. The dog kept on treeing and along came the hunter in a minute, huffing and puffing. He walked around me and that tree a dozen times looking for that sqirrel. Finally I couldn't stand it and I said, "Ain't no squirrel in that tree", in an ominous tone. I thought he was going to pee his pants! :crackup:

I always wave my big orange hat at folks approaching so they know I'm there. (Or flashlight if before daybreak.)

There are so very, very, many stupid, stupid, people out there....

gotta be careful.

Jerry.

I always wave my big orange hat at folks approaching so they know I'm there.

That's what I do, put my orange hat on the end of my ramrod and wave it about until they notice, sometimes with that territorial cough as well...

Back