• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hunting dress?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stumpkiller said:
End of season/small game
HPIM2766b.jpg

I like that shirt. Did you make it or pick it up somewhere?

I have fun in period clothing and do all my hunting in it. Here is my cold-weather attire.

DeerHunt.jpg

Here in Michigan we have regs that require Blaze orange whether on State, Federal or private land.
Our requirement is that you have to be able to see the orange 360Deg. So a hat is minimum. You can have that touque made out of orange or put a band of orange on your fedora. I like the cape idea. Archery,crow,waterfoul, bobcat etc. is exempt so you can wear what ever you want. I wear orange when bow hunting to and from my blind or stand. I do wear period clothing. I mean I wear clothing period.

George said:
Hunting in colonial rig is an important part of the hobby, for me, because trying to learn what the experience was like for the old fellows is what I'm mainly interested in.

I'm American Indian, and while I'd like to experience their reality, I simply refuse to hunt in a loin cloth.

Of course, with my pasty white skin, it would kinda be natural camo on a snowy winters day...

garandman said:
George said:
Hunting in colonial rig is an important part of the hobby, for me, because trying to learn what the experience was like for the old fellows is what I'm mainly interested in.

I'm American Indian, and while I'd like to experience their reality, I simply refuse to hunt in a loin cloth. Of course, with my pasty white skin, it would kinda be natural camo on a snowy winters day...
:rotf:

:photoSmile:

just kidding...

garandman said:
I'm American Indian, and while I'd like to experience their reality, I simply refuse to hunt in a loin cloth.

You should try it. After 5 minutes you forget about it. My persona is far too old to have dressed that way in the day, but as a modern re-enactor I had to try it so I wouldn't have to wonder.

file-11.jpg

Spence

I dress in period dress in TX when I am hunting on private property (most of my hunting)

Deer_and_Dan_l2.jpg

George said:
garandman said:

You should try it. After 5 minutes you forget about it. My persona is far too old to have dressed that way in the day, but as a modern re-enactor I had to try it so I wouldn't have to wonder.

Spence

Heaven help ya if you set up for your hunt over an ant hill. :wink:

I hunted bull elk in the High Uintahs last November (any rifle- had to wear orange hat) when I fell and broke the toe off my .58 flint fullstock Hawken I built. I have since repaired it. I also wear gloves.
BrokenToe.jpg

Enjoy going period as often as possible:

periodhunt.jpg

Here's another view with Stumpkiller!
HPIM0385a.jpg

When I go "modern", it's not very modern. I like the old "deer camp" look with red plaid Woolrich hunting coats and pants....

I have finaly found that secret place where men actually do talk fashion and show off their outfits! (ya'll are just a century or two behind the times) :haha:

I must alert the other women post haste!

cynthialee said:
I have finaly found that secret place where men actually do talk fashion and show off their outfits! (ya'll are just a century or two behind the times) :haha:

I must alert the other women post haste!

Not just hunting/shooting.

This was taken at the "period" wedding of the daughter of friend's.

10-01-2008s.jpg

Stumpkiller said:
Hey Carp! How you is?

Here's one for Claude's "Find the Cat" series:

Can you spot the Carp?

IM000750.jpg

Hey, Charlie! Survivin'...

That red coat shows up pretty good! That must be from this day:

briancharlie2.jpg

I think I'm going to find some orange material and make a frock or something like that for muzzleloader season. I have my rendezvous clothes I can wear for the warm weather.

Back