• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Howdy from NW Arkansas

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RUSELLLEEDORAN

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I started viewing this forum several months ago. What a source of information! I've been a BP shooter for maybe 15 years, but was never a serious student of the sport. I've got a few longrifles, a T/C Hawkin and some repro revolvers that I've enjoyed shooting. I retired last June and was presented with a beautiful English Folwer by Danny Caywood for my retirement gift. It's a .54 with a 20 ga barrel jug choked full for turkeys to boot. Actually, I got a certificate and the gun wasn't delivered until mid-December. It is my first flinter and I haven't had enough time to work up my loads yet. I'm still recovering from my second total knee job this year. Look forward to getting to the range with it. But just as much, I'm looking forward to expanding my knowledge of BP shooting. You guys are awesome and I feel priviledged have access to this much knowledge and experience. Fuzzy

Welcome to the forum, sounds like you are in business with the new Caywood gun once you get the knee healed up. Just start reading and asking questions and you can learn a lot about that flinter while the knee heals up. The real learning will come once you start shooting it.

Welcome to the forum from a North-Central Arkansan. Actually, there are several from Arkansas here. A couple more and we can take over the place. :wink: Enjoy the Caywood, you have a quality piece. You can come to the big shoots at Berryville compete in several events with it.
Frank

Hello Russell (Fuzzy) and welcome! Gee, what an awesome retirement gift! Wishing you a speedy recovery from your knee replacement and much fun getting to know your new "toy".

Hey fuzzy, Just a howdy from northeast arkansas (pocahontas) Like rifleman said there are several of us of us arkies on here. Know how you feel about that surgery, It aint no fun I have had some of that myself. I got much wrong with me the doc retired me 4 years ago. Im just like a old hounddog just lay on the proch, if I want to do something I do ,if I dont i dont, anyway welcome , be sure to add your 2 cents in on stuff, everyone else does yours hounddog

Welcome from central Arkansaw! Ur at the right place! This site has been very helpful to me.

Welcome to the MLF Fuzzy! Glad you found our camp. Pull up a stump and prop up your leg and share some tales at the fire with us. Wishing you a speedy recovery so you can get out to the range and enjoy your retirement gift.

Latest posts

Back