• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Howdy from Nebraska

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Howdy folks, I've been "lurking" here for quite a while but over the weekend I got myself my first muzzleloading rifle, a very nice looking Hatfield .45 cal. and I figured it was time to join ya proper. Though it's my first rifle, I've been shooting cap and ball revolvers for a while and I grew up going to the Red, White, and Blue in Cairo every year so I'm not quite new to the hobby. No doubt I've got plenty to learn though, so bear with me if I seem like it sometimes.

Maybe not the best picture of her but it's the one I've got. Haven't shot it just yet, seems to have a musket nipple or something on there that the caps I have on hand won't quite fit, so I'm waiting for some musket caps to show up. Looking forward to it.

2DNiuc9.png

Howdy folks, I've been "lurking" here for quite a while but over the weekend I got myself my first muzzleloading rifle, a very nice looking Hatfield .45 cal. and I figured it was time to join ya proper. Though it's my first rifle, I've been shooting cap and ball revolvers for a while and I grew up going to the Red, White, and Blue in Cairo every year so I'm not quite new to the hobby. No doubt I've got plenty to learn though, so bear with me if I seem like it sometimes.

Maybe not the best picture of her but it's the one I've got. Haven't shot it just yet, seems to have a musket nipple or something on there that the caps I have on hand won't quite fit, so I'm waiting for some musket caps to show up. Looking forward to it.
Welcome from Omaha NE. Been to Cairo, good bunch guys and gals.
Larry

Welcome from Omaha NE. Been to Cairo, good bunch guys and gals.
Larry

It was always a great time. I got up there for an afternoon this year after not going for a while (my dad got out of it for the most part when I was still pretty young and I've only been there a few times since) and while I feel like there was less people than I remember there being, they still know how to have a good time, that's for sure. Lots of great memories from that place, and a lot of great people. Now that I've got a tent and a rifle, I'm hoping to go for the long haul next year.

And a hearty "Go Big Red" from central NE back at ya.

2DNiuc9.png
Welcome

Welcome from central Nebraska to you, where about are you located? I am a retired gunsmith over by Gothenburg.

Glad to see there's a few of us Huskers here! I'm quite a ways from Gothenburg, more near Aurora. I've been through there a time or two though. Nice town I thought, at least from a glance.

Well if I could come up with a similarly snappy name for Aurora it would apply here too haha. Must be something about that ~4,000 population mark...

York is about twenty minutes away but I don't find myself going east very often. I've been there a few times.

Back