• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

How to dress up a wall

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
snowdragon said:
Whooooo! I like everything about that, even the .22 shells under the shelf (those must be .22 magnums :grin:). That took some design skill. I can see that the dog awards are very special to you.

If any of you guys have seen Beauty and the Beast, where Gaston is singing about his decorating techniques, well, there it is. Bill.

Hi Bill, ya oops forgot about those .22 mags there. :wink:

Actually that is my "Chasse's" ashes, my Chocolate Lab I lost in December which led to me getting "Lady". The French sign in front means "Gentle Dog" I got when she was a pup. :v

Thanks for the heads up Swampy. That is a great wall display and one of the finest gun collections I've seen yet ! Really well done :thumbsup: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Hi,

That's a neat wall hanging, great guns, and a beautiful beautiful dog.
My Lab is a $25 dog from the Oklahoma City Dog Pound. She won't even go outside to go potty, unless I go too, or walk her to the door.
My wife takes the others, but the Labby won't go without me. Thanks for the neat stuff. Labs make it all worth it.
Al in Oklahoma

Well, first of all "the wall" looks dynamite - Every God forsaken thing on it is BE-UU-TEE-FUL! The fact that your hands crafted some of it is just really, really cool. Now the picture of you and Lady is great. I can't tell who's looking prouder, you or her! Man, the rebound from losing a dog is like a bullet in the heart, I'm so glad you made the hard decision of getting her when you did to help you wake up in the morning. Doggone puppies have the cutest way of doin' that!

nice job swampy got me thinking of making a wall rack get the smokers out of the closet
buzz

Nice looking job. Swampy. I keep my guns in a gun safe but something like this would be a good way of displaying my various bags, horns, etc. Mind if I steal your idea? :hmm:

Sure go ahead. I'm lucky theres someone here most of the time but those times we do travel or are gone for a while, they all get tucked in the safe until I get back. :thumbsup:

Nice wall Swampy! :thumbsup:

German politicians would get a heart attack seeing this. :haha:
Even the ammo underneath would be enough to loose permission for a lifetime here when you get controlled. :shake: And they got the permission to enter and check the house if you are a registered owner of guns. :shocked2:

Really like what you did with the wall there Swampy and you have a mighty fine lookin friend sittin beside ya! :hatsoff:

cool idea for the use of antlers.

(i like the dog, too: everybody should have a dog- they're a great 'reality check,' but just when my dog has me thinking that i really am a great human being, the cat reminds me that, well...

dogs have masters, cats have a staff)

get (at least) one of each ... sorta yin/yang thing.

That looks pretty sharp Swampy. Glad to see you are doing more these days.
The "pup" sure has grown, she sounds like a smart one that's for sure.

Argh, just had a major mishap here. :shake:

Apperantly the Deer head you can just barely see in the right side of the pic wasn't put up right and came crashing down, no damage to anything but the mount it's self which really pisses me off as it broke the tip of a tine off, which seems to have broke in a few pieces and I can't find what I take is the biggest part, the tip. Not only is it a beautiful mount, err was, but it ment a lot to me and it absolutely makes me sick right now to see a tine boke like it is. :shake:

Ouch! I take it the ears and nose and such are ok then? My dad still has a mount hanging in his den that has a bent and broken ear and smashed nose. Appearnatly, when I was a about 10 or so, some kids must have sneaked in the house and were sword fighting with broom sticks and knocked it down, when I wasn't home of course.

If you can't find, or piece together the tine, I do know it can be fixed with bondo. I have a taxidermist friend who does it and you can't see it at all. He showed me one he repaired that was shot off and I said "where?", it was that good. I'm not sure someone like you or me can do it that well, but I'm sure a good taxidermist near you can. I know it costs $ that you don't want to part with, but it may be something you could save up for in the future.

Oh ya, sorry about the damaged mount, I know how it can be a shock to the system. If it helps, just try to remember our trophies and momentos and souviners are just a reminder of an actual event, they are not the event itself. If that mount were to disappear tomorrow, it couldn't take away the magic of what it represents, since it's impossible to go back in time and re-write history. It's just a thing.

Hope this helps, and try to stay away from your mom's brooms when you're watching gladiator movies. Bill

It just sucks, been on my wall since 91' and is one that I'm probably most proud about and has a long story to go with it besides the fact I matched wits with him 3 days and finally out smarted him....The mount seems ok, just the tip, about half inch looks like it was sheared off by something, I'm not sure what. I've only been able to find 3 small pieces and not the tip for some reason. :shake: :idunno:

Swampy, that sounds like a story I, and probably alot of us, would like to hear. If you get bored sometime, maybe you could take the time to write it out and post it here somewhere, or direct us to your site if it's there already. Inquiring minds want to know! Bill

Well thats a long sad story but he was taken with a T/C WMC so I might be able to suffer through the telling one more time here soon.

Back