• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

How old are ya?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Im always curious about the average age here.

• 0 to 30

Votes: 19 3.8%
  • 30 to 50

Votes: 73 14.5%
  • 50 to 60

Votes: 86 17.1%
  • 60 to 70

Votes: 161 31.9%
  • 70+

Votes: 165 32.7%

• Total voters
About five yrs. ago I went to get a hunting liscense. In NY if you have'nt had one for 10 yrs. or more you have to take the safety course all over. So I asked if my old hunter safety card would do. 'Answer..., yes. So I whipped out my card from 1967 and the clerks jaw dropped. "You still got this ??? Me; Yup! I'm 72, got the card when I was 14 as I recall. 'Still have it.

Like the song says, "I was born 100,000 years ago and there ain't nothin' in this world that I don't know". Well, at times I feel that way and "The War Department" is always reminding me that the last part is completely incorrect also. My dad said that my first 2 words were, "GUN!" and "MINE!". My first firearm was an old fowler from my grandfather's farm. It was/is still, frozen solid but in my imagination has defended our property from Redcoats and a host of marauding bad guys. I started shooting real bullets at age 7 in what are known here as unmentionables. Age 11 saw me shooting an uncle's, gifted to me, toy BP brass cannon (deadly to massed plastic soldiers). I got into cap and ball pistol shooting about 6 years ago and more recently flintlocks, long and short.

Yes we now are not what is known in the UK has Spring Chickens just grumpy old cockerels' but still shooting
Feltwad
Are there
With Much regret NO..
Were you part of the British forces that marched into Lexington at the beginning of the American Revolution? LOL. I just had to ask. I remember my niece that was 7 or 8 years old, after finding out how old my mother (her grandmother) was, asking her if she knew Ben Franklin.

Last edited:
Had a friend who was told he was older than dirt. He replied that he had checked with the geology department at the local university and they told him that was not older than dirt. Iā€™m older now than he was at the time.

Yes we now are not what is known in the UK has Spring Chickens just grumpy old cockerels' but still shooting
Feltwad
Hi Feltwad,
Fortunately the Cock is sill able to Crow. I only lie down to shoot these days with tool that have little or No recoil. Still able to cast a fly. don't ever enter the water now as I'm frightened I might Wash away. O.D. 21-3 34

I am 66 and started with a TC flint hawken around 14-15yrs old. Saved up my summer lawn cutting and paper rout money. Had to have my dad sign for it.
Still going strong building a TRS British 1756 artillery carbine currently.

Back