• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

How many .32 Cherokee kits were made?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for that info Clint.
Last night I found pages of information, and debate, on different calibers of hawkins/renegades/etc....
It can get pretty confusing.

Not so much on the .32 cal Cherokee.

Compared to the other models and calibers, trying to solve this should be much easier.
If anyone has a 24" barrel in 32 caliber (with 13/16" flats only), please chime in.

Later numbers would have "Cherokee" stamped on the barrel.

I'm looking for the latest production numbers. With the letter K or without it.

Any .32 cal Cherokee numbers are welcome though!!! Something else you might want to include is what kind of trigger it had with it. Not sure if those are swappable or not.
The single and double set triggers are not swap-able, the inletting is very different.

Last edited:
They sold kit barrels in addition to complete gun kits. The kit barrels I’ve seen were K marked, factory finished but not assembled.
.36 Cherokees are the least common.
Ya, any of the .32 barrels could be plopped into some other combination stock. My kit had 2 sets of instructions and two barrel ribs in the box lol. Looks like only one spot for a barrel though. Stock does have the K stamped into it. Box tag says nothing about a second barrel that I could see.

The #'s will still give a general idea of what's happening though.
So far over 10,000 standard.32 barrels and 3800 .32 kit barrels.

Interesting!

I don’t know how accurate this is?

IMG_1017.jpeg

I have a 32, 36 and 45. Cherokee, the 36 took 20 years to find. The 2nd one I've ever seen. I have a 36 and 45 Seneca but have only had the chance once for a 32 and didn't bid high enough. I know two people that have a 32 and both said they were taken them to grave.

I have a 32, 36 and 45. Cherokee, the 36 took 20 years to find. The 2nd one I've ever seen. I have a 36 and 45 Seneca but have only had the chance once for a 32 and didn't bid high enough. I know two people that have a 32 and both said they were taken them to grave.
I don't think I have 20 more years left to find a 36 cal.!! I'm having a hard time looking up the year my rifle was produced! LOL

I had a .36 Cherokee and sold it, I’m not a “collector”, more of an accumulator and I don’t really care for .36 guns.
I have a number of Cherokee .32’s and .45’s.

Last edited:
#7367 .32 with DST, "Cherokee" stamped on the barrel.

I found it on an auction site, unfired, near pristine condition. Shoots better than my eyes are capable. 20g FFF, .310 ball and .010 patch has allowed me to take a few 40 yard headshots on squirrels. My next quest is finding the tang peep sight to match :)

Latest posts

Back