• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

How long have you been ......

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bought my first cap and ball revolver in 1968 at Englishtown Auction in New Jersey. A brand new 44 caliber brass framed gun that came with a brass mold for $40. Today it's a crime here to have one locked in the trunk of your car unless you are going to or coming from a shooting range. Times have changed.

My first gun was a flintlock, age 14. I learned to shoot with a flintlock. I went to modern guns exclusively about age 20, and rediscovered black powder about age 30. Shot black powder exclusively for about 12 years or so. I'm 55 now, and I shoot a mix of modern and black powder.

Ever since Moses was eating sardines at the Dead Sea.
About 55 yrs now. Before unleaded gas and indoor plumbing. :haha:

Someone gave me an import Remington 58 in .36 cal one day in 1973....four years later I saved enough to buy a Ruger OA and all the fixings...

Started with a .45 cal CVA kit in the early 80's. Shot hundreds of ground squirrels all over California. Most fun I have ever had. Wish I Still had that gun. I was shooting things that my friends couldn't hit with their .22's.

I wounder how many started with CVA's?

I was about 13 or 14 the first time I shot a black powder (flint) rifle. It was a unknown make that we had down on the farm. My uncle Bill taught me how to load and fire it. I don't know exactly what happened, but something went "snap" in my mind. I've been shooting them every since and I'm 64 now. Unlike some other things, I've never regretted one nickle that I've spent on black powder shooting.

Vern

Got a picture somewhere of me age 4, shooting my dad's Classic Arms New Orleans Ace....that makes this season 42 years. Still have the gun, it's in the pile of to-be-fixed (broken grip)...come to think of it all of his CA kits are in that pile (pepperbox, snake eyes, duckfoot, twister) :idunno:

I bought a TC Hawken (cap lock) in the early 1970's. Now I am 24 muzzle loaders later but the first flintlock was about 5 years ago. Also a TC Hawken but today it has several cousins in the gun safe to keep it company.

I was 12 or 13 when I first got to shoot a BP pistol. It wasn't until I was 44 that I shot a BP rifle for the first time. So this year I started shooting rifles. But I have had a good working knowledge of loading, shooting and servicing my revolvers since I was a kid.

My Dad got his 1st rifle when I was about 10 and I got my 1st rifle when I was about 11 so 40 yrs or there about

Bought my first BP firearm in 1975, a Navy Arms 1861 Navy. Had a lot of fun with that cap & ball pistol. Good times ever since with BP.

Shot my first ML in 1973 when I was 14. Bought my first in '74, a new Zouave for $69.00 in a Heck's Department Store. Immediately got into CW reenacting. Got into flintlocks in '78.

I started off with a CVA Hawken way back in 2011.

Now I also have a Pedersoli Kentucky and a custom made trade gun as well.

I have used a pound of powder a month since I started, so I guess I have got my feet wet. :haha:

Latest posts

Back