• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

How do you load a muskrat?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know what you mean. Was more fun hunting game with no bag limits 40 years ago. Your chances of catching something that penicillin or sulfa drugs couldn't cure was REAL small.

Not sure I would want to be 16 again today, not to mention the exploits showing up on the net.

Oh well, no loss as far as I'm concerned. Besides, we're not here cause we want to live up to the morals and ways of today, but rather the old ways, that in my book at least were much more honorable. And yes, I know there was plenty of all kinds of things then as there is now, but we seem to be going off topic here. Hold on, what was the topic? Dang it. There's a hunting season of some kind or other coming up soon, isn't there?

:shake: You all should know this but here goes for those who don't a Muskrat can be loaded either from the muzzle or from the breech BUT one must wear gloves to prevent being bitten :rotf:

Not to fear! :shocked2:

If you have the right kind of roots and you move slowly and speak gently you will find that if you toss them right in front of him, the muskrat will load himself.

Of course he has to be hungry at the time.

:rotf:

I was looking up a gun in an old Muzzle loading manual and came across a couple MLs that were in fact called Muskrat rifles. They were marketed under the Ozark name and the two showing were 40 and 36 cal and too bad they aren't around any more. They were very sharp looking and similar to the Hatfield rifles.

Latest posts

Back