• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Homer Dangler Stain help

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryanlpuckett

40 Cal
Reaction score
If anyone has expirence with the homer dangler stain, can you please provide a step by step run down or instructions to use the product. I just ordered some reddish brown stain for the Investarms Hawken build, and would like to use the product. I have head people say to apply strait, where as others say to cut it. Any help in its application, tips and tricks would be appreciated.

Best

Ryan

Thank you for this, I am not as timid to use the product... I finished my last build in cognac, by verathane. This was a huge mistake, was way to dark, and a sticky mess. I ran it to the kitchen sink to scrub it before it set. With some water and a scotchbrite, was able to run it back, but only so far. Once it dried it looked pretty good, so I kept it. Will no longer be using commercial off the shelf staining agents.

Best

Ryan

I purchased some of Homer's stains WAY back when. I would mix them together to get the look that I liked. Never did thin them down. I just started with light coats and added more if the look was too light in color. I now use mostly AF for my stain and may add to it with another color stain to enhance the look.

I purchased some of Homer's stains WAY back when. I would mix them together to get the look that I liked. Never did thin them down. I just started with light coats and added more if the look was too light in color. I now use mostly AF for my stain and may add to it with another color stain to enhance the look.
Thank you sir, I appreciate it... just waiting for the stain to arrive. 😃

Best

Ryan

Back