• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

hern cannon

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foreric111

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I got my cannon from hern iron works, the finish is rough cast but after a couple hr with a sanding disk it looks good and some cold blue. I drilled a fuse hole built a temp carriage and put 3.5 oz homemade black powder that costs about $3.00 a pound to make by the way. Bought a mould from Dixi gun works,16 oz ball, the bore is 1.75 inch, cast some balls from wheel weights and shot at my back stop from 200 ft and it shot through a rail tie. it is fairly hard to aim exactly, I think it needs a red dot sight. I need to take it to an open pit to check range. lots of fun hern iron works says the bore is 1-5/8 but if you call it is really 1-3/4 ant the cost is only 399$ shipping for me was 70$ ther site shows 439$ for the cannon but there was a price drop can you believe that. I an goung there this summer to buy the 2/3 scale 1841 six pounder and save the shipping. going on vacation anyway. the weight on that one is 250 lb managable and cheep. they come with a 1/4 in welded seamless liner.. cost is 610$ bulk discount LOL...

snidervolley said:
RN GUN YOU SELL THAT POWDER TO FELLOW CANONEER

Right and be an unlicensed dealer/manufacturer of black powder that we can read about in the news....

seems that BP has been in the news quite a bit these last couple of weeks, if not mentioned directly.

Back