• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Here She is

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hanshi, She's a pretty little devil! :thumbsup:

When are you going to put her through her paces?

Anxious to hear how she shoots and how you like the round bottomed rifling.

I like her, Skychief :hatsoff:

ApprenticeBuilder said:
How many times have you found yourself sitting there with your eyes closed and your hands wandering around the wrist, forearm, butt ?

:thumbsup:
I used to do that with my wife..... :haha:
BTW, you must be pleased, it looks just like a TVM.

hanshi
You have a beautifull new rifle! I kinda wish I'd had Matt to do a little carving on mine but I still like it. I hope you have a great time with yours! Mine is a lot like yours and is so fast now, it seems like a cap gun.
Macon

Mike Brooks said:
ApprenticeBuilder said:
How many times have you found yourself sitting there with your eyes closed and your hands wandering around the wrist, forearm, butt ?

:thumbsup:
I used to do that with my wife..... :haha:
BTW, you must be pleased, it looks just like a TVM.

Ahem! It IS fun to play with but more fun to shoot :shocked2: . And it does look a little bit like one :hmm: .

Trench said:
Congrats!! Is the 12.5in LOP something new you are trying? Looking forward to your range reports.

I've always requested 13" lops and that length worked well. It was right at the upper limit for me especially with heavy clothing on. I decided I needed it just a tad shorter and I turned out to be correct.

Thanks all for the encouraging comments; I am anxious to get to the range with it. I don't know how everyone else feels about this but I feel fortunate to have been able to acquire a few 17th and 18th century style guns. Whenever I take one to the woods I feel the kinship to my ancestors who once used this technology as a matter or course.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very very nice, beautiful in fact. This has me excited as I received an Email monday telling me they are starting on my Early Lancaster this week.
I know its going to be beautiful as well. Have fun with yours.

Sweet. I'm partial to the dark stain and the plain patchbox. If you post additional photos, let's see the nosecap and what you did with the ramrod thimbles.

Congradulations! :bow:

Only the wealthy could afford such a beaut back in them times. Now anyone can, if they save up for awhile. Is this a great century or what?

A lesson to me in patience before purchase, taking time to have a plan.

Might I ask which shipper did you decide to use, UPS maybe?

Nice looking gun. It's hard to beat custom American made stuff. Congrats. Should give you years of fun. :hatsoff: Rick.

Well, let's go shoot it, then. It stays booby trapped, otherwise.

Darto, It came by brown, their choice. :hmm:

Lonegun1894, probably a divorce if I even THINK about it. Sold a much treasured EV to finance this one.

S.Kenton, no name yet but for once I have a gun that needs one. Only rifle I ever named was "Little Red" my LL .40.
:v .

So, out of curiosity what is it that everyone likes about this gun. Most replys are one word compliments. I'm wonder what folks like about this gun specifically?

Fahopity, I know you will love yours, too. I planned and researched for almost a year and got the dimensions down and tweaked to my build, wants and needs before I even gave the go ahead to put it in the line. That's what makes it my "dream rifle". I want to see your pics and hear details on that bad boy. Good luck and congratulations.

Mike Brooks said:
So, out of curiosity what is it that everyone likes about this gun. Most replys are one word compliments. I'm wonder what folks like about this gun specifically?

what do you like about it mike since you ask first. :v

Mike Brooks said:

Mike, I honestly don't give a rat's ass (forgive the French) what anyone thinks or says about the rifle. I did research and planned the whole project for almost a year before even having it put in the line. I had it built to satisfy ME and no one else; wakarimasu ka? Everything about it was tweaked to match MY uses, MY needs, MY dimensions and it turned out to be a true "dream rifle". I don't give one wit as to YOUR opinion as mine is the only one that counts. Posting your opinion/critique is not a problem with me so go at it! Just be aware such is meaningless to me. This is why it's known as a CUSTOM rifle.

I appreciate the preponderance of positive comments, few of which were restricted to ONE word. I never presented this rifle to be a replica of any gun extant. It is simply what it is, an excellent example of an early Lancaster County Revolutionary period rifle and nothing more. This is MY response for you and the entire thread. :v

trucker said:
Mike Brooks said:
trucker said:
what do you like about it mike since you ask first. :v

Excellent question, Trucker. Well Mike, go at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back