• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Here She is

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hanshi

Cannon
Reaction score
The EL arrived yesterday and WOW!. EL & very nice wood, brass mounted with early patchbox, lock panels beavertails & carving on cheek piece, Rice .50 x 38" swamped round bottom barrel and Chambers GA flint lock; all crafted masterfully by Matt Avance. She's light and very slender and perfectly balanced. I've never shouldered a finer rifle than this. The pics don't do it justice and it's much nicer in person and held in the hands. I'll try for better pics later.
PICT0619.jpg

PICT0621.jpg

PICT0624.jpg

PICT0622.jpg
http:
While HC/PC is mostly irrelevant to me I still did some research AFTER I decided exactly how and what I wanted. I am more than satisfied and love this rifle. It is likely close to 100% (real close, anyway) HC/PC. However, since I, among others, know what's coming next I've decided to state my acquiescence to having it VETTED not CRITICIZED in a civil manner.

VERY NICE!! No more shouting, but I really like it. I expect that you will own it proudly. I would.

Regards,
Pletch

Lookin' forward to the first Range Report...

Eric

Outstanding...you did your homework, decided what you wanted, built your spec sheet, placed the order, paid your money, and received exactly what you ordered as promised...doesn't get any better than that.
:thumbsup:

Nice. You are bubbling over with enthusiasm. You can't beat that feeling. How's it shoot?

She is a beauty! :hatsoff: I'd be proud of that rifle too. :bow:

great looking piece! :thumbsup: always been partial to that style patch box as well.
you got to get us a range report as well.
Congrats!

Yes, one and all; it's like having a new baby. Probably won't be shooting until nest week. I bugged Toni relentlessly for nearly a year before getting the project worked out. Reading what others posted helped with the decision as well. Nearly a years span just planning BEFORE I placed the order. Roundball provided help whether he knew it or not. Even not considering the lop (12.5") the rifle feels petite.

That 38" barrel should handle great in the woods.
My .50cal with .016" round bottom grooves likes .022" patches & .490" balls

Glad you are satisfied with your purchase.

Waiting on delivery of big boy toys is like a kid waiting to open presents.

Sounds like love at first sight... Bet you she shoots as nice as she looks. :hatsoff:

Now, hurry up on the range report.

Giz

I'm glad it arrived safe and sound, it is a very nice looking rifle, I too use a 12.5 lop. It ought to shoot and handle great. I would try a .32 patch with a .490 rb, that way you fill the grooves when you load pushing all the fouling down to be shot out the next round. I use a .24 patch with a .490 rb in my GM with .12 square bottom grooves.

How many times have you found yourself sitting there with your eyes closed and your hands wandering around the wrist, forearm, butt ?

:thumbsup:

Bet she'll be a joy to shoot and hunt with :thumbsup: :thumbsup: We will look forward to a range report!!

She's purty Hanshi. Lookin forward to a range report. Now enjoy :thumbsup: :hatsoff:

Nicely done Hanshi. A well built, fine looking Lancaster. You're the first in a while, that approached custom gun ordering in the right order. "I still did some research AFTER I decided exactly how and what I wanted" You wanted a Lancaster, and did the homework and knew what one looks like. You did good, enjoy.

Bill

Congrats!! Is the 12.5in LOP something new you are trying? Looking forward to your range reports.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back