• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Here is my WoodsRunner...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nchawkeye

58 Cal.
Reaction score
I completed this yesterday, just in time for my 68th birthday today!!! I built one in the late '80s, early Carolina in .54 caliber so I ordered my WoodsRunner in .54 as well, fancy maple wood...I had a ramrod with a brass tip already installed so I added the tapered iron tip as well...I cut the ramrod about a quarter inch longer than the bore and once I put it in the ramrod hold I found out the ramrod hole is about 3/4 inch deeper than the bore of the barrel...Hopefully y'all can learn from my mistake...I have 3 grown daughters so now each has their own (I have another I bought in 1977) But...I have 5 grandchildren so, who knows?? I am going to echo what everyone else says about these Kiblers, the quality and ease of assembly and fit are amazing. Ready to get it sighted in for deer season!

Attachments

• tempImageeiQ3tW.png
    tempImageeiQ3tW.png
    13.5 MB · Views: 3
  • tempImageKSloZc.png
    tempImageKSloZc.png
    11.7 MB · Views: 0
  • tempImage5x8lAa.png
    tempImage5x8lAa.png
    11.8 MB · Views: 0
  • tempImageUyAQKp.png
    tempImageUyAQKp.png
    13.4 MB · Views: 0
  • tempImageFic6Ee.png
    tempImageFic6Ee.png
    14.5 MB · Views: 0
Beautiful gun. If you use that fireplace, it's not going to stay that way. The heat will cause the finish to dull, and the wood to shrink. Gaps will develop in the wood to metal fit, and parts could get loose. If that happens, you cannot restore it completely. Just saying.

I used Laurel Mountain Forge Honey Maple and their browning. sealer and finish on the stock...Browning is easy as hot and humid as it has been here in NC for the past month...I like to lightly pit my barrels and buff down the lock before each application...I made the toe plate as I have seen too many originals with those broken...It took over 200 hours to finish the one I made in the '80s, this one was much easier...I received this one in May, will hopefully get it to the range next week.

I have always liked the color of the Schreit gun and wanted one lighter than the finish we usually see...

To those concerned about me damaging my rifles by hanging them over the fireplace, no we don't use it anymore.

Thanks for that additional info, NCHawkeye. So LMF honey brown only, no aqua fortis?
I just took advantage of this NC Feels Like 99F to brown my VA rifle barrel. NC humidity sure helps make the process faster and easy.

I completed this yesterday, just in time for my 68th birthday today!!! I built one in the late '80s, early Carolina in .54 caliber so I ordered my WoodsRunner in .54 as well, fancy maple wood...I had a ramrod with a brass tip already installed so I added the tapered iron tip as well...I cut the ramrod about a quarter inch longer than the bore and once I put it in the ramrod hold I found out the ramrod hole is about 3/4 inch deeper than the bore of the barrel...Hopefully y'all can learn from my mistake...I have 3 grown daughters so now each has their own (I have another I bought in 1977) But...I have 5 grandchildren so, who knows?? I am going to echo what everyone else says about these Kiblers, the quality and ease of assembly and fit are amazing. Ready to get it sighted in for deer season!
Nice and happy birthday

Latest posts

Back