• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Help with information on Ohio Vincent

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robrmcc

32 Cal
Reaction score
I thought I would post some pictures of a rifle I bought a few years ago. I thought people might be interested in it as it is a very pretty rifle in the Vincent style. Very well made. However if anyone has any information on the original owner or the maker I would be very grateful. The original owner was Roland Pratt as can be seen on the lock plate. I was told the builder was Ron Ehlert and it was built in the 1990s. Barrel is marked Getz. I believe the lock might be a Davis as there is a Circle with a D on the inside of the lock. It was left in the white perhaps because that highlights the custom engraving of which there is ample. I keep the shooting parts of my rifles clean but am not into polishing brass and stuff as I like the patina they develop, so there is a bit of tarnish here and there. The rifle was not shot much before i got it and I have had mixed results shooting it myself but have not shot it a lot yet. To be honest I found it uncomfortable to shoot but just read the post on shooing these crescent moon buttplates and it seems way more comfortable seated on the bicept and shooting across the body so I am looking forward to it warming up in the spring so I can try it out. I put Skinner peep sights on it as my eyes are old and tired. The original sights were pretty but ridiculously fine in my opinion and would have been hard for anyone to shoot. The skinners fit nicely into the existing dovetails with some mild persuasion and I find them very nice to use.
Rifle profile Front.jpg
rifle profile 2.jpg
butt patchbox.jpg
Butt Cheek.jpg
wrist lock.jpg
wrist lp.jpg
tang.jpg
trigger guard.jpg
patchbox.jpg
escutcheon left.jpg

Back