• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Help Idenitfy a CVA Stock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I found this CVA stock in my shop with no barrel. I'm not that up on all the models CVA made. It's 27" long, appears to have 15/16" barrel channel and has all black hardware. Thanks for any help, RamblinMan

216213067.jpg
216213066.jpg
216213065.jpg

I was about to say it looked like a frontier rifle but I think they had patchboxes and double set triggers. So it is not a frontierrifle and it is not a mountain rifle, sorry I can't help...................watch yer top knot............

They used that stock on a couple different models. I think the stalker was one and the "Sharpshooter" was another (I had that one briefly). I do know that the shorter 24" barrels fit it (Like the Frontier/Bobcat).

CVA Woodsman/Bobcat;
They came out with the Woodsman when they put the Bobcat in plastic.
I'm thinkin Bobcat with the plain jane wood, the Woodsman actually had a little grain to it.
Same dimentions as the Bobcat, hang on to it, many times guy's with a Bobcat are looking for a wood stock, everything just swaps over from the plastic to the Woodsman stock

yeah, if i had a smoke pole with a plastic stock i would be hunting a straight forward swap type of stock in a hurry. jay

Recently had a CVA with this stock pass through my hands in a trade. Lock on mine was plain color casehardened, no engraving, otherwise identical to your photos.

The 26" barrel was marked "Sharpshooter Rifle .50 cal." Serial number was in the 800,000 range.

Does it have a buttplate, or is it just painted wood? The plainsman was painted if my memory is right.

Sure looks like the Sharpshooter to me.

I just happen to have a Bobcat I would love to have a wood stock for it.

Latest posts

Back