• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Help ID this rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Was gifted to me.
.40 cal black powdermusket replica is what the tag says on the stock. Only marking on it are numbers on the barrel 029370. It is 50" long.
I haven't loaded a percussion before, only flintlock rifles. What cap should I use(came with 11's). Sorry pictures aren't great.
20230625_212622.jpg
20230625_212556.jpg
20230625_212544.jpg

It screams Miroku. Japanese.

.40 caliber is a bonus.

#11 primers.

Make sure she ain't loaded.
Not loaded. Came from a family friend who switched his collection to WWI AND WWII arms. Also got a zulu shotgun, pietta 1851 Navy, and a jukar percussion pistol. Bought from family friend by my wife for a Christmas present 2 years ago.
Taking stock of what I need before the Kempton gunmakers fair next month.

If a Miroku is that a good thing. I have heard of them but no idea if good. What time frame where they made. Value, (it is in very good shape) Thanks

Not loaded. Came from a family friend who switched his collection to WWI AND WWII arms. Also got a zulu shotgun, pietta 1851 Navy, and a jukar percussion pistol. Bought from family friend by my wife for a Christmas present 2 years ago.
Taking stock of what I need before the Kempton gunmakers fair next month.

If a Miroku is that a good thing. I have heard of them but no idea if good. What time frame where they made. Value, (it is in very good shape) Thanks
In the usual .45 they aren't usually more than a couple hundred bucks. But if it is a .40 that makes it hard to come by and, if in great shape, should at least double the value. They were a low-end rifle, I think, from the late sixties/early seventies. I could be wrong about all of this but that is my understanding. Not high quality but they were a decent starter rifle.

Your rifle was marketed by CVA, Connecticut Valley Arms through the 70s & 80s.
CVA produced low cost rifles & pistols in pre-inletted kit form or in finished form & in later years they marketed half stock rifles as well.
Their full-stock rifles had two piece stocks, the splice in the forearms are concealed by a piece of wraparound brass.
Relic shooter

Latest posts

Back