• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Help finding a long funnel

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used a Pedersoli funnel like pictured, then hit the hardware store for a 3ft brass tube. Make sure it fits into the tube. The funnel does come apart with heat. Or just ground off the threads if keeping the funnel full length. Fluxed. solder cut to length and or put a collar on it to make it adjustable for different barrel lengths. Works great for me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240225-081812_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240225-081812_Chrome.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 0
I made mine using K&S brass tubing and a brass funnel that I made from sheet brass. I added an "adjustable stop" clamp to the tube so that I can adjust the depth that the tube can go into the guns bore. See picture below.
P1030856.JPG

Why?
Actually, I know why. There are some shooters, mainly slug gunners, who are obsessed with minutia when it comes to feeding their rifles. They, and maybe you, theorize using a tube prevents powder from sticking to the bore when loading. However, if it does, when you shove yer ball or paper patched slug down the bore it pushes those few grains down also. In short, IMHO using that tube thingy is a waste of time and effort. Pointless.

Old 2117 aluminum arrow and funnel bought from track of the wolf. Gets it done for me.

I used a Pedersoli funnel like pictured, then hit the hardware store for a 3ft brass tube. Make sure it fits into the tube. The funnel does come apart with heat. Or just ground off the threads if keeping the funnel full length. Fluxed. solder cut to length and or put a collar on it to make it adjustable for different barrel lengths. Works great for me.
This is one of the ones I made.

Attachments

• 20240225_173027.jpg
    20240225_173027.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 0
Why?
Actually, I know why. There are some shooters, mainly slug gunners, who are obsessed with minutia when it comes to feeding their rifles. They, and maybe you, theorize using a tube prevents powder from sticking to the bore when loading. However, if it does, when you shove yer ball or paper patched slug down the bore it pushes those few grains down also. In short, IMHO using that tube thingy is a waste of time and effort. Pointless.
When you wipe the rifle between shots, or you're using a modern Inline that is cleaner but wanting consistent results... Even if it's just in your head little things matter.

Appreciate all the links everyone.

Latest posts

Back