• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Moore

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Glad I found this site, have enjoyed the few postings I have done. For those who do not recongize the name I post under, I am Mike Moore. You may see some of my articles in "On The Trail", where I am a staff writer for the western fur trade. I have written over 100 articles on the early west and have two books on the topic. The first one "Heroes to Me" was a overview for the fur trade and went four printings and four good magazine reviews (I am not printing anymore right now), the second "Rocky Mountain Album" is just starting its third printing (it is a collection of entries from 28 dated journals that were written during the fur trade which cover a full year). You can see how a real year's time was like: unbelieveable sites, tragic deaths, love, fun and everyday work. I have also written for Backswoodman, Muzzle Blasts, Tomahawk and Long Rifle and the Poke and Stroke. You will see me on a upcoming two hour special about Jedediah Smith on the History Channel (sometime around July 18th). I belong to the AMM and the Western Writers of America.
What a great hobby we have!
mike.

Welcome to the best muzzleloading site on the web. With your background, we will be picking your brain on a regular basis. Feel free to ask questions, make comments and tell stories. Mostly, tell stories. You must have a lot. Welcome to the forum from a displaced Colorado Native...

Greetings and well met! I can't wait to see that Jerimiah Johnston piece. Make yourself at home and set a piece. This camp is anything but boring! Excuse me for now, my turn at watch. :grey:

Just :m2c:

Welcome!

I know you are going to have some fun here. There's plenty of wit, wisdom and friendly folks. I haven't been here too long myself but everyone has sure treated me like an old friend.

Sorry to say, I haven't read any of your stuff yet but I'll be making an effort to do so in the near future. I used to do a lot of outdoor writing but now stick with mainly writing about cattle and agriculture in general...for me, the pay is better.

Rocky Point Jack

Glad to have Mike Moore the historian and not Michael Moore the hysterian here. While the latter is better known to the general public, the former knows better and is smarter too. :hatsoff:

By the Eternal! Stumpy, you been attempting to make coffee again! Where's my hawk? I hate Stumpy's chunky coffee! It dulls my hawk! :blah:

coamm,
Welcome to the forum glad to have you with
us. Looking forward to seeing your post at the "Rocky
Mountain Fur Trade" forum. As I told you in my PM i've read
some of your articles but not your books. Are they readily
available? Looking forward to your contributions.
again welcome and stay active
I am snake-eyes :front:

Welcome to the best muzzleloading site on the net, hope you enjoy yourself! :blue:

You will see me on a upcoming two hour special about Jedediah Smith on the History Channel (sometime around July 18th). I belong to the AMM and the Western Writers of America.
What a great hobby we have!
mike.

A great hobby indeed, Mike :front: Will look forward to the Jedediah Smith special. :D Haven't seen anything on him on television before, but read the story in the back of one of the American Heritage series volumes. Glad you found the 'Forum!

Back