• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from Washington State!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

w7spk

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hey all, new to the forum but been shooting blackpowder all my life (I'm 31).

I've been learning from my buddy at work the art of hand forging barrels like they did in the old days with fire and iron. We even do it with a coal fired forge!

I dig all aspects of the blackpowder world but mostly love flintlock's.

Besides muzzleloading, I enjoy beekeeping, banjo picking, and spending time with my wife and 2 daughters.

My blackpowder collection:

Pietta 1851 Navy .44 cal brass frame
Pietta 1858 Remington Army (kirst konvertion to 45LC)
Thompson Center .54 cal Hawken percussion
Hopkins & Allen .45 cal Kentucky flintlock
Pedersoli "An IX" french officers flintlock pistol .69 cal
And most recently a kit rifle from Track of the Wolf - Henry E. Leman Indian Trade Rifle .50 cal flintlock (still working on it, taking my time).

Sean Kelly

Welcome Sean. Looks like a fine collection of a good mix of firearms. Glad to meet you!

Welcome from Texas Sean. Banjo? Oh Yea, Been known to flog out a tune on a dulcimer myself.
Jon

Welcome from another Northwesterner. What period are you interested in? I do the 1800 to 1840 era. If you can get in touch with Mike Nesbett up in you area. Great guy and is a good resourse on black powder guns. I know he will be in Monroe for their spring show.

Horsethief said:
Welcome from another Northwesterner. What period are you interested in? I do the 1800 to 1840 era. If you can get in touch with Mike Nesbett up in you area. Great guy and is a good resourse on black powder guns. I know he will be in Monroe for their spring show.

Horsethief, I really like the "Golden Age" of the Kentucky. Was a really romantic era of the gun and of the people who used them.

The name Mike Nesbett sounds really familiar to me, I might have bumped into him at one of the shows. Unfortunately my work schedule changed (went from night shift to day shift) and lost my weekends off, so now I can't make it to the WAC gun shows. :(

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!!!

Sean Kelly

Back