• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from the NC Coast...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mommicked

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Hey Y'all! I've been hunting with a muzzleloader for several years and have figgured out I'm dense and uneducate in this area of my shooting. I came here to learn, and may be able to in spite of myself.

I have 3 muzzle loaders T/C New Englander .50, off brand .50 Hawken type w/really purdy wood, and my favorite, a 12 ga SxS by CVA. I really hope to get that last one patterning well for deer season.

I tinker with making knives and sheaths, used to make wooden duck decoys, and have recently been accused of being "some kind of mountain man". I'll bet most mountain men would disagree. I also tinker with casting now and then, and reload for my bolt and Lever action hunting rifles.

I love to hunt, especially deer, have two lil boys, and am a hunter safety teacher. That means I can do something stupid as quickly as the next feller, I just get more embarrassed. Walking or riding on the hunting club, or going gigging at night are about as good as it gets outside of family time or Sunday Mornings.

Mommicked

Mommicked:

Welcome. You'll have to look long and far to find a better bunch than this one. This forum is an education in more ways than one.

I am,however, wondering if anyone else on the forum knows the meaning of your handle. You can't be too far off from me, as the pelican flies.

bramble

Yup. Mommicked:(v. MOM-ikd) to have been abused or misused, to have been unusually tormented or fouled up. "Moi Lord Honey, Hain't I been MOMMICKED this noight!"

I'm from near Harkers Island, and have been accused of being a "hoigh toider". Whats wrong with rolling up yer pants legs and goin' clammin? :haha:

Keep yer powder dry is a tough one in our humidity though!

Glad you found this place, I found it a little while ago. Yeppers once the black smoke gets in your blood your lifes never the same.....Marko

Welcome - I have a uncle in NC , Great bunch here and the learning curve will be alot faster. Ask and you will receive!!! Wild Eagle

mommicked,
Welcome to the MLF,great having you
here. Visit often and contribute when you can.
I am snake-eyes :hatsoff:

I live in Otway. I've hunted in Silver Hill, near Grantsboro last fall, and used to live in Oriental. I've been in Cahoon's Hardware and the gun shop/gunsmith in Bayboro in the last month! :)

I may or may not get on the club (East Carolina) this year. Know Russell Willis, or Joe Lupton? Do ye ever get over to shoot in Havelock/Cherry Point at B&R Guns and Range?

Back