• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from Schuylkill County, PA

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coal-Cracker

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Wanted to drop in and introduce myself.

Born and raised in Schuylkill County, PA. Currently a machinist and 68W/Combat Medic in the Army Reserve.
Husband, father, and full time firearm enthusiast from MLs to EBRs. While I can appreciate the history and development of the firearms of the 20th and 21st century, I guess the "history" in me keeps drawing me back to 18th century flinters.

Cut my teeth years ago on a GPR (purchased from Dixon's) and it was adequate for hunting, but now I'm looking for something with a little more "quality" to it, so here I am. I guess the next logical step would be a "semi-custom." Been checking out TVM's offerings, in particular the Early Lancasters as (I believe) it would relate to my forefathers when they settled in the W/NW part of the county back in the middle of the 18th century.

That said, I look forward to learning all I can and want to thank everyone in advance.

Welcome to the forum. I belive you can learn alot just sitting by and reading the chats, these guys really know thier stuff. York county here, this site is addicting. welcome :thumbsup:

Hiya Coalcracker. Welcome to the forum. Pittsburgh, PA area here. Glad to have ya aboard, and thank you for your service to this Great Nation! :thumbsup:

Great to see another history buff here!
One of the things that make us uniquely American!
Black Powder and Muzzle Loaders! :wink:

Welcome Brother! There are several makers of custom/semi-custom firearms and several have been posted on the Classified ads on this forum. Good luck in finding a nice rifle that suits your interests.

Down here in Minersville with a TVM Early Lancaster that should show up this week..... :thumbsup:
I'll make sure you get some pictures when it gets here.

Welcome to the MLF Coalcracker! Lots of friendly knowlegable folks here on the site. We sure would like to see some pics of your new smokepole when it comes your way.

Welcome to the forum. Lots of great muzzeloader history here in S.E. PA. Brad Emig makes a nice semi-custom rifle. He is in Hellam, York co.

Welcome. This is a great place to learn and share information and read of hunting success. Lots of builders and craftsmen here to help you.

Back