• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Howdy from Gettysburg!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Howdy folks! I'm a living historian, re-enactor, and hunter, originally from Southwest Virginia, but now living in Adams County, near the Gettysburg battlefield. I was a Civil War re-enactor for 15 years, but then life, job, marriage, and kids happened, and so I hung it up ten years ago.

Now, that my kids are older and I have more free time on my hands, I've been getting back into living history, this time for the French & Indian and Revolutionary War periods by supporting the interpretive programs at local historical sites like Fort Frederick and Fort Loudon. I'm currently researching the firearms that were available from 1750 through 1800, and naturally gravitated to this fine forum. So I registered and wanted to stop in and say hi! Lots of accumulated experience and knowledge I hope to tap into as I do my research and start my collection of 18th century civilian and military flintlocks.

Welcome from Cumberland County!

There were some fine makers near your locale in that time period, but more to the east. George Shroyer arguably was the best, early maker in your area. While most of his guns seen on photos are fancy, fully evolved Pennsylvania rifles, there are photos of a really early one that screams Jaeger.

Howdy folks! I'm a living historian, re-enactor, and hunter, originally from Southwest Virginia, but now living in Adams County, near the Gettysburg battlefield. I was a Civil War re-enactor for 15 years, but then life, job, marriage, and kids happened, and so I hung it up ten years ago.

Now, that my kids are older and I have more free time on my hands, I've been getting back into living history, this time for the French & Indian and Revolutionary War periods by supporting the interpretive programs at local historical sites like Fort Frederick and Fort Loudon. I'm currently researching the firearms that were available from 1750 through 1800, and naturally gravitated to this fine forum. So I registered and wanted to stop in and say hi! Lots of accumulated experience and knowledge I hope to tap into as I do my research and start my collection of 18th century civilian and military flintlocks.
Welcome from Oklahoma

Latest posts

Back