• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from Georgia!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shemp

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hello all, just wanted to introduce myself. Ive been interested in BP for a long time, but haven't taken the plunge until now. I'm an Air Force vet in my mid 30s with 3 kids, live in a cookie-cutter subdivision in a suburb, and have a keen love of history. After owning most commercially available modern firearms, ive gotten all of the 'tacticool' stuff out of my system, and am finally returning to that first love of BP. I currently have a Uberti 1851 Navy, a Miroku build 1863 Zouave, an original 1795 Springfield from 1812, and have a 3rd Pattern Bess on order from Loyalist Arms. I plan to try and learn quickly and maybe find a group to teach me the ropes here in Atlanta when I have the time...

Thanks for having me!

Welcome to the forum and thank you for your service my friend.

Sounds like you have a variety of BP guns. Many members here have decades of knowledge and experience. They’d be more than happy to answer any questions that you may have?

Think it’s an excellent idea to hook up with other BP shooters for some real hands on. That’s where your experience starts.

We at the forum can definitely contribute to the knowledge portion.

We look forward to hearing more from you in the very near future my friend.

Again, thank you for your service.

From one vet to another, Cowboy

Welcome to the Forum. This is where its at in muzzleloading. You'll like it here.

Nice muzzleloading gun club up in the hills, just northeast of "Hotlanta". Start a conversation with me and I can get you the contact info.

Plus the largest muzzleloading shooting match in the SE US, takes place down around Lenox near Tifton in March, and draws shooters from six states including NC.

I am on the other side out on I20. There is a club in Stevens Co. area that shoots in Red Hill you might try them . Someone here can most likely remember the clubs name. Maybe we will still cross paths.
Atlanta is a giant little town...

Blue ridge mtn men shoot at red hill, 3rd weekend saturdays, griffin long rifles first sunday, muscogee long rifles 2nd saturday and talking rock BP shooters 4th saturday. Lenox crowd shoots 4th saturday as well.

Latest posts

Back