• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from Aust

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

19 16 6

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello all you mob.
Looks to be a very informative forum here & I am looking forward to gleaning lots of good info from you all.
I recently bought myself a new Pedersoli Mortimer S240 standard rifle with a flintlock in .54 cal. This is all new territory for me seeing as how the only other muzzleloader I have ever fired was a mates Lyman Deerstalker in .50 cal percussion. Those few shots from the Deerstalker told me that I needed to get into this muzzleloading trip. I love the feel of the BP recoil, that gentle push from the big woosh of the charge going off. That feel of gentle authority. Then there is the smell And the black hands :grin: .
Lock time is taking a bit of getting used to but I am told that the Mortimer is relatively fast for a flinter.
I am now an addict, totally hooked on the real black & very blessed in that I can shoot at home because I live out in cattle country & neighbours are like 2kls away. They are used to the 308 & 12g going off over here & are shooters themselves.
Thanks for having me on your site.
Owen.

Glad to hear that you're enjoying the rifle. You'll get used to it and it'll seem fast to you after awhile. But they sure are fun to shoot. Many happy hunts to you. Hunsfoot

Hello from the Great state of Maine USA. About as far away from down under as you can get.LOL
Welcome to the forum and enjoy.
Ken :grin:

:thumbsup: Plenty of Aussies on here so don't be shy about asking questions if you need to , and quite a few in SEQLD . :)

Thanks for the welcome fella's.
Grumps you had best pray for me more now than ever seeing as how I am on the dark side :wink:
O.

Back