• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from Georgia

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

belld416

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello to everyone from north Georgia!

I ran across this forum while researching traditional muzzle loading. A friend got me intrested in muzzle loading a couple years back, I pretty much feel in love with it.

I am looking forward to soaking up as much information as I can, and hope to make a few friends along the way that share the same interest in a much forgotten sport.

belld416 said:
I ran across this forum while researching traditional muzzle loading. A friend got me intrested in muzzle loading a couple years back, I pretty much feel in love with it.

I am looking forward to soaking up as much information as I can, and hope to make a few friends along the way that share the same interest in a much forgotten sport.
Welcome to our forum my friend! We are truly honored that you've decided to join our ranks. Like you, I discovered this forum by accident while trying to research Traditional Muzzleloading. While already being a member of a few other forum's, I can honestly tell you that when I found this one, I found my home!

Let me take this opportunity to tell you some of the nice to know stuff that our forum has to offer!

No matter what you are currently shooting or may be interested in, it is more than likely covered in great detail right here!

You'll find like minded folks as yourself on our forum. The majority of our member's have decade's of knowledge and experience. They would be more than happy to answer any question's that you may have. We would also love to hear what you might want to share with us as well!

We also have a Search feature which is located at the top of the forums page's. It's a great tool to utilize for research or for looking up something specific. You can also adjust the date range's at the bottom of this forum. By doing this you'll be able to view additional topic's on this forum.

Unlike other forum's, Our forum is a lively place with new topic's being created on a daily basis. There's something new to checkout all the time!

The learning opportunities are truly endless! I can guarantee that you'll learn something new each and every time you visit this forum.

Lastly and most importantly, Our forum is a friendly place! You'll have the opportunity to make lifelong friend's who share the same love and passion for everything that Traditional Muzzleloading and BP shooting has to offer!

Again, We're glad that you've decided to join us and we also look forward to hearing more from you in the very near future.

Welcome Aboard my friend!

Respectfully, Cowboy :thumbsup:

Thanks for the warm welcome! I can already tell that everyone is more than happy to pass along information to me on anything I've asked.

That's pretty much what I have found out about folks that are involved with black powder shooting in general. Its a good bunch of people enjoying and appreciating our heritage that(in my opinion) built the foundation of this country.

My wife and myself have a 5 year old daughter and a 7 year old son that are usually out at our home range with us shooting and learning right along with us just as my dad did with me.

I'm glad I've got such a good group of people to get a little help from when I'm scratching my head in confusion.

Welcome from the north west part of Georgia. Currently the smokey part. I love black powder smoke but these fires have got to go! Anyway welcome. :hatsoff:

Thanks for the welcome! I know I live near Ellijay and the smoke is pretty bad around here. We are getting a lot of smoke from the Cohutta fire.

I know its drier than a powder keg around these parts. We need some rain.

I'm glad to see several guys from Georgia on here. There isn't many people left that I know that has an interest in traditional black powder any more.

Second home in ellijay here, primary in marietta. Shoot at pickens county sportsmans club and assist with youth program specific to bp shooting there.

Welcome.

That's good to hear. I am actually a firefighter down in Cobb county but reside near Carters Lake, where I was born and raised.I'm pretty fortunate to have enough land to have my own range at my house. Which works out great to figure out these muzzle loaders.

I've been around firearms my entire life but never took up muzzle loading until an older gentleman at the department got me into it. I've been hooked ever since.

If you are free this sat we have a scout troop coming up to go through the paces with bp and those other kind that give me the heeby jeebies. Always use more knowledge for the boys and we have a great group of friendly adults to work with. Pretty much 9-2 ish.

Greetings from SE PA. I shoot a modern stuff too but I think at least for me it's much more relaxing shooting black powder. Plus I like all the smoke. I guess I'm just a big kid. Welcome and take care.

Thanks! I myself love all firearms as well and shoot as often as I can. I think the slower paced of black powder is what I love as well.

Something about the smoke, the smell and having one shot to put down range is pretty relaxing to me. I have to admit that I still have lots to learn, but I'll love each step in the learning process.

Welcome to the Forum. I live in the High Falls/Jackson Area and began building and shooting black powder rifles in 1970. I pretty much shoot and hunt with flintlocks 100% of the time now. From January - September we hold black powder shooting matches at the Griffin Gun Club on the 1st Sunday of every month @ 10:00 am. Cost per entry is $15.00. It is lots of fun and a friendly group of folks. Hope you can come and join us.

Back