• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Heart marking on a barrel? Has anyone seen this before?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nycstlrr

32 Cal.
Reaction score

Now that is a Valentines Day gift that a guy could really appreciate! Wish I could help but never seen anything that was exactly like that....only EIC hearts.

I'd recommend that you send this photo as well as all information to [email protected] or, you can use snail mail and send everything to Sarah Rittgers P.O.Box 67, Friendship, IN 47021.

Billnpatti said:
I'd recommend that you send this photo as well as all information to [email protected] or, you can use snail mail and send everything to Sarah Rittgers P.O.Box 67, Friendship, IN 47021.

I will get what pieces of it I have put together some what and send the photos in.

Not saying that I know for sure, but Remington used a heart "gallery stamp" in the past on some of their barrels (don't know what years, just aware of the mark - it's kinda sorta like a proof mark, but US in origin).

Here's an example -

heartproof_zpsa7a20aa6.jpg

And, yes, this was on a little more modern rifle BUT, there is an original Sam Hawken rifle that has an "original" barrel marked Remington (currently at the BBHC museum) - so it may be possible...

galamb said:
Not saying that I know for sure, but Remington used a heart "gallery stamp" in the past on some of their barrels (don't know what years, just aware of the mark - it's kinda sorta like a proof mark, but US in origin).

Here's an example -

heartproof_zpsa7a20aa6.jpg

And, yes, this was on a little more modern rifle BUT, there is an original Sam Hawken rifle that has an "original" barrel marked Remington (currently at the BBHC museum) - so it may be possible...

Interesting. Thank you!

Found out some information on this gun. It was made by Alexander Hamilton Hart. He was a gunsmith in New York, Ohio and Wisconsin.

Back