• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

H&A underhammer buttplate?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gr8lite

Pilgrim
Reaction score
I have a copy of a H & A underhammer. Pretty good quality for the most part .........except for the cheesey 20ga formed brass sheet stock buttplate.
Any ideas where i may find a decent casting that could be finished up?
I have searched a bit , with no luck specifically. However i may be looking right at one that could work but I have no idea what other guns may be similar enough.......

Thanks much !

Google Numrich Underhammer. They have a brass Underhammer buttplate for $11.25.

GMWW

Thanks for the speedy reply, however that is what is on the gun now.
I am hoping to find a cast version .......

If you don't mind doing some stock reshaping, you can do what I did. I found a nice cast brass buttplate I liked and fitted the stock to the buttplate. While I was at it I trimmed down the forearm, added a brass toeplate and guardrail, resulting in a more period correct underhammer. If you Search "1840 New England" (use the quotes in your search), you'll see the results of this ongoing project.

Again, Track wolf shows gun parts full scale. Go thru BP's & pick one that's close. ...Tom

Have you checked out Muzzle loader building supply online catalog? They've got several cast buttplates in brass and steel.

Back