• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Gunpowder

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Eutycus , I have to multi-quote here just to try to grasp the concept of your topic.
1. "We are discussing Western Movies on another forum"
2. "I seriously doubt"
3. "I was under the impression"
4. "powder sticks that Eastwood is using in some of his movies."
Do you guy's get that part yet?

Now here it is; @Eutycus ,?
How is our forum of interest in the use of traditional firearms and supported history,,
,, supposed to help you with defining Hollywood entertainment from reality?

Impact detonation of true BP is capable and real as proven by and in sadness of wartime history. Dynomite/TNT are not BP related nor is the discussion of explosives needed for or within the forums standards.

@Eutycus , I have to multi-quote here just to try to grasp the concept of your topic.
1. "We are discussing Western Movies on another forum"
2. "I seriously doubt"
3. "I was under the impression"
4. "powder sticks that Eastwood is using in some of his movies."
Do you guy's get that part yet?

Now here it is; @Eutycus ,?
How is our forum of interest in the use of traditional firearms and supported history,,
,, supposed to help you with defining Hollywood entertainment from reality?

Impact detonation of true BP is capable and real as proven by and in sadness of wartime history. Dynomite/TNT are not BP related nor is the discussion of explosives needed for or within the forums standards.
In slight defense, many of us have used dynamite as targets for many years.

in my mid teens i was a monkey for a powder boss. his favorite thing was to lay a few sticks of 50% in the campfire at night. we usually had the fire all to our selves in about 10 seconds.
I have personally set off half sticks with a bullet from a centerfire rifle.
after about 1970 we switched to anfo. we used 1/4 sticks for ignition.
BP in a metal can could be set off with a bullet if the velocity was enough to create a hot enough spall.
i have shot holes in a soft steel plate with a cast bullet from a 3030 that created hot enough spall to start a grass fire.

From Highschool Chemestry, I remember that most explosions either dynamite or Black Powder are simply rapid exothermic chemical reactions, releasing stored chemical energy. In any chemical reaction, there is a minimum energy of activation. That threshold can be reached by thermal, electrical, kinetic, even magnetic energy. If thermal energy of a percussion cap can reach this threshold, why wouldn't the kinetic energy of a rifle bullet?

Back