• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

gun value help

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

howdydoit

45 Cal.
Reaction score
What is a CVA Mt. rifle 50. cal in excellent condition worth?

And while we are at it what about a CVA squirrel .32, excellent condition with only about a 1 inch chip off the butstock. ( looks like someone dropped it on the but plate).

just wondering.

the MT rifle new (a few still around) is about 250, dont know about the older ones. Fred :hatsoff:

thanks fred. I paid about 150 for the little 32 and I think its worth it. And I like it, so thats all that matters but the mt rifle I think ill buy it. :hatsoff:

I see CVA mtn rifles for sale on Auction Arms from time to time, and follow the bidding as I have a very early one. It seems to me that somewhere about $175 is the usual winning bid...this for a used but in good condition gun.
As to the .32, I bought a kit for a lefthanded one from an overstock catalog about 15 years ago. Paid $40...Hank

If you can find one, the 36 Bobcat is about 140$ or was. I know where some are for 200$, but consider that robbery prices. That is a single trigger gun with a cheap lock and cheap wood, one ramrod ferrule on a platform half way up the barrel, and a plastic trigger guard. The Squirrel rifle is a set trigger gun with a more normal trigger guard, nicer wood, underrib, and a full set of ferrules. They go in the 200$ range in new condition. Everyone that ever sold one says the same thing. I had one, but like an idiot I sold it years back.
The Mountain rifle value depends on which one it is. The DeerCreek version sells new as a kit for 200$ today. Used, they run about 100$ The first model Mountain rifle is worth about 300$ in good condition. The ones in between the first model and the Deercreek version run between those two figures. If it says Made In America, it is worth more than the ones that don't. If it has the fancy faceted ferrules, it is towards the top end. If it has the round ferrules, it is towards the lower end. All of them shot very well that I know of. The small rifle lock used in them had the same problems from the first model to the last as far as I know. If you get one, order the tumbler, sear, and fly from CVA while they still have them. My primary gun is a first model CVA Mountain rifle in 50 caliber. If you get really lucky and find a large caliber early model made in America Mountain rifle, give me a call! I want you to pick my next lottery numbers for me! They are worth whatever price with in reason that it takes to get the owner to turn loose of it.

Thanx everyone.

I have bought the squirrel already and love it. the mt rifle I havent seen yet but the guy wants 100 for it. Ill probalby buy it just to have. But all you info is appreciated, and thanx agian.

If you don't, at that price I will take it if it is in decent shape!

Back