• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Need a Little Help With Parts For a TC Cherokee

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluenoser

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Hi,
I am helping a friend restore a .32 cal. TC Cherokee for his young grandson and need a little guidance.

He picked the Cherokee up as part of a multi-gun purchase. As it stands, all the Cherokee parts, except the trigger assembly and trigger guard, are mounted in a horrid club of a maple stock. It has an ill fitting longrifle trigger guard and a barely functional single longrifle trigger. He also received the original Cherokee stock, which is in excellent condition. Our intention is to restore it to original condition and, to do that, we need to find a trigger guard and trigger assembly. I understand the Cherokee was available with either a single or double set triggers. Based on the size of the inlet, I am quite certain it had a single trigger.

My question:
What other models, if any, have the same trigger and/or trigger guard as the Cherokee?
Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for looking

I don’t think anything, I’ve never seen a single trigger Seneca. My experience has been that the TC single triggers suck although they can be improved.

Thanks for the replies. We will keep inletting double set triggers as plan B and I will call Gun Works.
So far, we have addressed the trigger. Does the Cherokee share a trigger guard with any other model?

Thanks for the replies. We will keep inletting double set triggers as plan B and I will call Gun Works.
So far, we have addressed the trigger. Does the Cherokee share a trigger guard with any other model?
I don’t believe the Cherokee single trigger guard was used in any other firearm. They seem to be much less common than the set trigger variety.
@Bassdog1 ?

Last edited:
I now have the original stock in hand and, after measuring the inlet, have changed my mind. Based on the size of the inlet, I believe it likely had double set triggers. Perhaps the attached photo will allow someone to identify what it had for a trigger and trigger guard. With a little luck, parts from another model might fit. Are the trigger guard and trigger(s) a single unit or two separate parts?

My interests lie primarily in American longrifles and fowlers and I have pretty much zero familiarity with TC and similar muzzleloaders.
All assistance is much appreciated.

This is a single trigger Cherokee, the inlet is about 5” and the inlet is one continuous area. I think that’s what you’ve got.
6C68B637-4C0B-4D0E-89E4-5DDCA81C6E42.jpeg

Last edited:
Well, That settles that! A single trigger it is. Amongst other things, there is no inlet for the tail of the longer guard. That looks like a monstrous inlet for a single trigger, but it is what it is. The guard is what we are most in need of. In a worst-case scenario, I am sure I could build a trigger assembly.
Thank you Quinn for taking the time to post the photos. It was a big help.

SWAG, could another trigger guard from a TC rifle be filed to fit. Try looking on E-Bay there are parted guns there for sale.

Perhaps, but it would probably be easier to find and fit an old or repro guard for a fowler or other single-trigger muzzleloader. I think I will take a look at what Track has to offer. Also need to check my junk drawers. No problems - only solutions!

It will be blue instead of brass but, a guard from a New Englander/White Mountain Carbine/Pennsylvania Hunter etc. etc. will work. Or the trigger guard from a Grey Hawk and it will be silver instead of blue.

And they will all have the trigger already mounted in them.

May want to try Scott at cfnparts.com, he has the most parts for these in the past, .Ive been told that Davis trigger replacement exist

Thanks TechMoron and kelljp for your suggestions. We will keep them in mind. Although it would be preferable to stay with brass, it is nice to know there are other drop-in options available. I will look into the possible Davis trigger replacement. This is a first gun for a youngster and the owner is not in a position to put much additional money into it. Consequently, we are open to compromising and substituting where necessary.

Latest posts

Back