• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

gun builders

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tom hargrove

45 Cal.
Reaction score
wondering :hmm: if say one, bought a chambers kit and was lacking in the abililatey, to to do the build ,is there builders that do this for people amd an approx cost to do it ,will be looking for one soon, :confused:

Some custom smiths get about $1000 for one of these jobs, depending on what level of decoration is wanted. I think $600 is the lowest I have seen to assemble and finish very nicely.

Jim (Barbie) has excellent kits and a recommendation list of people he will give you that build them. Just give him or Barbie a call.

Slash

I think it is worth noting that even at a price of $1000 to assemble one of these parts sets, the builder is not getting rich. And the owner gets a magnificent heirloom quality firearm. It's a good deal to my way of thinking.

One question....have you worked on the kit and if so, is everything salvageable? If untouched, I would imagine there are a few builders that could give you a quote and make this Chambers' kit into a highly prized firearm. Assembled a Chambers' "Early Lancaster" kit a year ago and sold it for a goodly sum because of the excellent components and architecture. Possibly studying some of the excellent "how to" manuals would convince you to tackle this project?....Fred

One thing is for certain, those of us who appreciate custom work are indeed fortunate to have at our disposal an ever growing list of accomplished builders in this country and probably Canada as well. Judging by the photos Ive seen here there is a lot of talent on this forum. Maybe someone will PM you and suggest something. Good luck.

swquiro makes an excellent point about someone PM'ing you if they are interested.

As you may know, Claude does not allow us to "sell" things on the forum by using "Posts". This includes selling our talent.
This makes it impossible for folks to post answers to your question by saying things like "I'll build your kit for XXX dollars."

As for how much is a fair price? That would depend on the builders skill, workload, desire and things like did the customer do anything to the parts and if so, are they still usable.

zonie :)

swquiro makes an excellent point about someone PM'ing you if they are interested.

As you may know, Claude does not allow us to "sell" things on the forum by using "Posts". This includes selling our talent.
This makes it impossible for folks to post answers to your question by saying things like "I'll build your kit for XXX dollars."

As for how much is a fair price? That would depend on the builders skill, workload, desire and things like did the customer do anything to the parts and if he did, are they still usable?

zonie :)

Back