• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WANTED Griswold & Gunnison .36

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look down about a month. There were three of them for sale in about a one week period. I don't know if any were sold but you might have some luck.

Thems was .44s.

Am wanting a .36, but thanks.
No. They weren't 44's. They were .36 cal plain cylinders with round barrels and marked Griswold and Gunnison on the side. They were made by High Standard. He had two of them. The third was a plain cylinder .36 with round barrel with no G&G markings.

Last edited:
I don’t know how you feel about Gunbroker but there are several listed right now. You should be able to spend well under your $500 budget.

This is just the first one that I saw: REPLICA ARMS BLACK POWDER REVOLVER PISTOL - Black Powder Pistols & Muzzleloader Pistols at GunBroker.com : 932256860. As Hawk54 said, there are others. Search under black powder or muzzleloading pistols for “Colt” not G&G. Look for the brass frames. Some will have the engraved cylinder but I found it real easy to fix that: DIY Defarbing and Refinishing.

I find it more gratifying to shoot a revolver (or a rifle) that I’ve brought back to life in some way and I save money in the process.

I found it rather easy to sand off the engraving and make my own smooth cylinder. (I linked to my earlier thread about that above.) And while I was at it I just removed all the other modern marks except for the serial number, for a sort of defarbed gun. I’d like to eventually put correct period markings on it - a future project.

Last edited:
I found it rather easy to sand off the engraving and make my own smooth cylinder. (I linked to my earlier thread about that above.) And while I was at it I just removed all the other modern marks except for the serial number, for a sort of defarbed gun. I’d like to eventually out correct period markings on it - a future project.

Thanks, I might do that and make a Schneider and Glassick.

Hey @Smokey Plainsman, there’s a new Schneider & Glassick listed on Gunbroker: Taylor 1851 Navy Sheriff .36 Caliber Brass Frame - Black Powder Pistols & Muzzleloader Pistols at GunBroker.com : 929614011.

There’s something a little fishy about most of the Traditions revolver listings on GB. The style of the listings are similar with the use of a lot of capital letters, they use stock photos from Traditions that often don’t even match the model that is described, and always a single pic. At least most of them will explain that the photo may vary from what is being offered. I just find it rather suspicious. Bottom line: if I were to purchase a gun from one of these dealers I would call or email for more details such as whether or not the cylinder is engraved.

I have one that is .36 cal. Brand new, has never been fired and was professionally antiqued and defarbed, I would consider parting with.

Back