Greetings from Dallas.

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Tanglefoot

Pilgrim
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome from the Texas Hill Country! You'll find as much help as you can use on this forum, from folks who've been there -- and at least twice that much opinion.
Tanglefoot

JCKelly

40 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Kmcmichael - if you haven't already, get you a copy of The Kentucky Rifle, by Capt John W. Dillin, NRA 1924.
Newly printed or old, there is absolutely nothing comparable for telling you how these rifles were actually used and made.
Yes, newer books give better pictures and details of individual makers.
But Dillin says it for real.
I have enjoyed this book since I was 10, though I now have a full collection of contemporary works from Kindig on.

Tom Compton

54 Cal.
Reaction score
Good to have you K Mc. Welcome from the western edge of the hill country. Texas ML Rifle Assn holds matches in October, March and the state shoot in June at Brady Lake, Brady Texas.
TC

Crow-Feather

32 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Hello from Idaho.
There are some BP rifles that will shoot close to a one inch group at 110 yards. The trick is finding the right patch, lube, and load to get the job done.

Kmcmichael

36 Cl.
Reaction score
that's what I figured; I am a member there, yet I did not realize we could fire black powder muzzle loaders at the club...
YesBlack powder rifles may be fired on the silhouett range only from the covered firing line (100 meters) and the East end of the Bullseye range.

Stony Broke

32 Cal.
Reaction score
If you come to some of the Dallas Muzzleloader's shoots, you will meet a lot of nice guys and they will be glad to pass on any knowledge they have toward your goals. They have some fun shoots and rendezvous too....