• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Greenhorn From Wa

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin Freemire

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Greetings from Grays Harbor Wa. New to the BP hobby. Looking fwd to a muzzleloader elk hunt in the fall. Starting from scratch and am looking fwd to learning all about this sport.
Thanks for being here!!!!

:hatsoff: Howdy and welcome.Ya couldn't have come to a better place for learnin. :thumbsup: Griz

Welcome to the forum! From an earlier Topic you had created, you expressed your interest in a Hawken type rifle. Several options were given to you to think about. All were good options to consider. The GPR, Pedersoli Rocky Mnt. Hawken, some had suggested a TC Hawken. There are alot of different rifles to consider. Some of the things you might want to factor in are, Your budget, What you plan on using it for, the caliber, lock ignition type, Flintlock/Percussion. You stated earlier that you wanted to hunt Elk. I would only give one piece of advice about the caliber. I would go with nothing under a .54 caliber. We have categories that cover the following: Flintlock Rifles, Percussion Rifles, General, and there are others. The majority of our members have decades of experience and knowledge. They are more than happy to answer any and all questions that you may have. This is a very friendly forum, full of great folks. This forum is a great place to do a little research and ask questions before you purchase your first muzzleloader. Alot of options to consider and think about. We will be with you to help in anyway we can. We will walk this journey in BP shooting and Traditional muzzleloaders with you and help as much as you would like. You have stepped into a very exciting and rewarding hobby. You will learn alot here on a daily basis. I learn something new every day here. It doesn't matter where your experience level is here. You will continue to learn and grow. We also have a search feature at the top of the forum's pages. It is a great tool to use for research. Like what has already been stated, you are more than welcome to ask questions, and encouraged to do so. We are glad that you have found us and glad that you have chosen to embark in traditional muzzleloading and BP shooting. Welcome aboard my friend! Respectfully, Cowboy :hatsoff:

Back