• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from Finland

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome from Pa. If your rifle is a .45 cal. , on small game , don't load it too heavy , as that will help you to have some meat left to eat.
Actually, one of the most used forest bird hunting rifle caliber here is 308 win. It has the same bullet weight as 45 muzzleloader,but the exit velocity of the bullet is 895m/s.

He wrote 'percussion rifle'.........
Yeah thanks for that..., and he also mentioned hunting birds namely grouse which is often done using shot, AND he's in Finland, so there was a possibility that the translation was incorrect, for we sometimes have folks that call smoothbores "rifles" and sometimes translations for "gun" come out "rifle" OR that it WAS a rifle but had been made into a smooth rifle to shoot shot, OR even the possibility that he was planning to shoot shot from his rifled barrel, HENCE the question...,

LD

Black powder shotguns are much more common in Finland than black powder rifles. But it is very likely that I will never come across a person who shoots a black powder gun let alone hunts with it. Even the police didn't seem to know what to do when I applied for a permit for a black powder gun. It is very rare here in Finland. You can currently buy round balls and black powder (it's not easy). Everything else has to be ordered from somewhere or done yourself

Also, I last used English at school 20 years ago, so it wouldn't be surprising if my texts contained mistakes.

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

Latest posts

Back