• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Good news....

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is Jess having a lesson several years ago on yet another dumb law change.
It became illegal to hunt hares with dogs, rabbits yes, hares no. Jess was a keen hare hunter so I had to explain it to her and I kid you not since that day she has left hares alone!View attachment 231638
Jess is probably smarter and more knowledgeable than the people making the laws about hunting and shooting.

I can see it, class time jess, O.K. Brit, Now jess this here is a rabbit, I know Brit, and this here is a hare, O.K. brit, think I got it but what if I chase a hare to you and you would shoot it Brit, well jess we just pitch it in the briars, you get a biscuit, and we keep on hunting. So, jess is now thinking rabbit no biscuit, hare biscuit Jess becomes a hare hunting fool. 😉Dogs are pretty smart.

The point you are apparently missing is that brown hare numbers in the UK are declining and they are a protected species. Rabbits are not protected and are considered a pest.
I'm missing no point and you are assuming.
Hares are not protected. I can shoot them all year around and their numbers are booming.
The point I think you are missing is that someone got offended by them being hunted with dogs.

I'm missing no point and you are assuming.
Hares are not protected. I can shoot them all year around and their numbers are booming.
The point I think you are missing is that someone got offended by them being hunted with dogs.

My mistake then.

Back