• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Good load for euroarms Enfield 2 band artillery

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

walruskid1

54 Cal.
Reaction score
After getting the bore clean and changing out the nipple for one that for one that wasn't enlarged, I got to shoot my rifle today. I used the 577611 projectile and 50 gr. FFF. Accuracy was decent at 50 yards. My eyesight limits my ability. I'm looking for your best load for this for this model rifle. I know results may vary from rifle to Rifle but at least this gives me a starting point. A second question that maybe a thread of its own is why do reenactors drill out the nipple?

I don't shoot that particular gun, but most minie shooters go with a lighter powder charge for best accuracy. I think reenactor nipples have a larger hole just to cut down on misfires. They don't get the back pressure of a load with a bullet so the larger hole doesn't cause any problems.

I don't shoot that particular gun, but most minie shooters go with a lighter powder charge for best accuracy. I think reenactor nipples have a larger hole just to cut down on misfires. They don't get the back pressure of a load with a bullet so the larger hole doesn't cause any problems.

Funny you should mention that! I bought a used Zoli Zouave. Had bizarre muzzle damage- had to have it cut off and re-crowned. Somehow didn’t pick up on the reenactor nipple. It became obvious quickly upon firing! Luckily no harm done- I was off to TOTW to get the appropriate nipple asap.

Back