• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD Golden Age Arms Vintage Flintlock Rifle Kit Reduced Mega Deal!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Kit is mostly complete and carving done. What you see is all that comes with it, large Siler Lock, Douglas barrel in .40 etc..
LOP is 13", and barrel lenght 39" straight. The stock has curl throughout, and should be beautiful when finished. Barrel is pinned

1050.00 shipped

IMG_9414.JPG

IMG_9416.JPG

IMG_9417.JPG
IMG_9418.JPG
IMG_9419.JPG
IMG_9420.JPG
IMG_9422.JPG
IMG_9415.JPG

Last edited:
What is the overall length and weight?

Just to be clear about what I might get myself into -- I've not done a kit, so in no way am I criticizing what has been done -- from the pics, it looks like the parts I could still royally screw up are:
> carve out patch box
> finish setting buttplate
> breech plug tang is proud, so finish inletting that
> finish inletting side plate
> finish/contour side plate
> drill, tap/set threads, inlet trigger guard
> finish sanding, apply finish

...anything I am missing?

In the 6th pic, I think, just below where it says 40 cal, on wood above the side plate, there is a rough line or cut in the wood. I don't think it's a crack, because it doesn't show on the pic above the side plate. Is it just a scratch?

Thanks,

Just to be clear about what I might get myself into -- I've not done a kit, so in no way am I criticizing what has been done -- from the pics, it looks like the parts I could still royally screw up are:
> carve out patch box

In the 6th pic, I think, just below where it says 40 cal, on wood above the side plate, there is a rough line or cut in the wood. I don't think it's a crack, because it doesn't show on the pic above the side plate. Is it just a scratch?

Thanks,..

Patch box carve out with a drill paddle bit and chisel

Butt plate just needs screwed down pretty much set

Breech plug tang is full inlet, it just wasn't screwed down

Side plate is inletted, plate needs sanded down and finished

That is not a crack you see, just an area that needs more sanding.

Overall length is 54" weight is 7.5lb

> carve out patch box

Thanks,
Cut dove tails and install both front and rear sights which are not pictured. Semper Fi.

> carve out patch box

Thanks,
drill and tap lock plate in 2 spots. if you line the holes up right I'm not a gunsmith enough to make this a deal for me, but will for someone i'm sure

Install patch box lid catch, inlet catch spring, drill butt plate and stock for release pin, acquire and fit split hickory rammer, drill/tap/install/finish quality coned flash hole liner. Parts inexpensive and available from Track of the Wolf and many other places. The lock, stock, and barrel alone are worth the price of admission to this project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back