• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Going to Williamsburg!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4570tc

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I am heading to Williamsburg, Va. The wife thinks it is a vacation? I intend ti get some photos of the tools used by the gun builders there.

It :thumbsup: will be fun anyway!!!!

What Swampy said!!! Id love to see the gunshop that mr Gusler worked in :thumbsup:

Beautiful place.. Try to hit James Town and York town. When will you be there?

I was there in 2004.It's amazing to see people still living that way.The people that are apprentices living there don't get paid.They have to work around the town to get food and a place to stay. The carpenter that I talked to said he had to put in five years of apprenticeship before he got paid.

Williamsburg is a very cool place. There is lots to take in and see. Enjoy your trip. :thumbsup:

If you want to see the collection of guns in the Governor's Mansion, tell them at the ticket counter. I think you need to go in there on the tour and you might need an extra ticket for that. I forget the exact details but if you ask they can tell you. I try to get up there a couple of times a year. Very cool place. :thumbsup:

There is another good collection of original guns in the basement of one of the other museums way on the back of the property. I think they call it the hospital museum or asylum museum, something like that. Last time I was there you could just walk in to see it. No tour required. The folks at the ticket counter can fill you in on that too.

If you haven't seen the video "Gunsmith of Williamsburg" you would enjoy it, because you not only get to see a lot of the tools but see them being used. My version is old, a videocassette, and I don't know if it has ever been put on DVD, but they might have it for sale.

Spence

I was watching a show this past weekend about Patrick Henry, and they were showing pics of Williamsburg were he did much of his peaking. I would love to go back again.

Back