• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

George Tatom Here !

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

George T.

54 Cal.
Reaction score
I returned to traditional matches with the Dallas Muzzle Loading Rifle Club a year and a half ago. I have shot matches in the past and hunted deer here in Texas with a 40 cal. flint lock. I have a Lymann GPR in 50 and a Zolie 58 that I currently shoot in matches. At 67 I don't see the sights as well as I used to but I really enjoy shooting these rifles and my 1860 Army as well.

I have shot skeet and trap as well as bench rest and High Power matches. I have hunted with black powder , bows and modern rifles. Hogs and deer have all been on the meat pole as the result! Heck I even got a limit of doves with my Scott and Son's 13 gauge in 100 degree weather.

I guess the story is that if it shoots I love them. Life is good as long as one takes time to smell the powder. All three of my children shoot and hunt as well.

I feel very lucky to have found this site! Geo. T

You,ve nailed it down . looking forward to some more stories , and a few photos .
:thumbsup: :hatsoff:

Back