• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

FOR SALE Genealogy Register 1700s

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone on here like genealogy? I have an original genealogy register from a couple married in 1800 and just thought it was neat. I made a really good quality scan and erased the handwritten additions to the old print because I thought it would be really neat to be able to use the old to do my own family and thought others might too. The first photo shows the original. The second shows my partially erased version. I don't want to share the completely erased version and risk it being pirated off the internet. What you will get is a good quality copy which I have finished erasing. It can be printed on larger sheets of paper if you like. I think I even have some blank period paper to print it on if you so desire. $10 will get you a regular-sized sheet of paper good for framing 8 1/2" X 11". For larger sizes, I will just have to find out the cost from the print shop on top of the $10.

Attachments

• genealogical register 001.jpg
    12.6 MB · Views: 4
  • register.jpg
    register.jpg
    413.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Be Helpful and post info to rootsweb or some other genealogy site before completely obliterating the information.

Let me get this straight, just so I understand.

You found something neat.

But you don't want your neat thing pirated on the internet.

So you're going to charge people money for the neat thing you found via the internet.

And that's not pirating it?

Be Helpful and post info to rootsweb or some other genealogy site before completely obliterating the information.
I'm keeping the original. I'm just cleaning off a digital copy because I thought it was cool and thought others might also like it. I will make sure all of the info is available and correct wherever I can find these people online.

So you're going to charge people money for the neat thing you found via the internet.

No, it's really not. Basically, I bought the original document and am retaining the original and don't care at all if the genealogical information is available online. Hence I posted the scan of the original. I am selling modern blank copies of the original document. I would give it away but I already have over four hours into digitally erasing the old writing to bring it back to the original blank print. I'm not sure how my work is pirating since the document is over 200 years old and I have the original. I just don't want to post what I am selling and then have whoever wants it just copy it so I gave an "in progress" scan to show what I am doing and to give an idea of how it will look when I am done so you know what you would be getting.

Sorry, my original post was not clear that I have the original. It did sound like something I had just found online. I apologize for the confusion and have updated my description to make it clearer.

Attachments

• PXL_20230829_222554674.jpg
    PXL_20230829_222554674.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back