• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Gardening ..again

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some bug is now eating my bush bean leaves. Any suggestions to stop this?

Not allot of experience.

Captain Jack's dead bug.

Neem oil.

I've read about making stuff. that was at home depot it worked.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240524_110243_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240524_110243_Chrome.jpg
    632.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20240524_110427_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240524_110427_Chrome.jpg
    730.5 KB · Views: 0
I have two aps my daughter loaded onto my phone that identify nature stuff by taking a picture of whatever it is. Plants bugs. "Naturalist" something and "picture this". Kinda useful sometimes it s wrong. Pest identification is useful, Some bugs are supposed to be good.

A couple leaves I don't mind.

I've tried butter beans i think a couple times.. they grew great ounce.
Usually something always chops the heads right off though.

Peppers when they turn red red sometimes worms get in them. I gave them a spray.

I've hunted down and killed the bug. 😆 that's fun you know he's there somewhere.

My first suspicion would be slugs/snails. Second guess would be grasshoppers. Depends on how the damage looks. If large sections of leaves are missing, it would be the slime balls I mentioned.

If it’s holes in the leaves, there are numerous bugs that do that. Leaf hoppers, flea beatles, etc..

Soapy water in a squirt bottle sometimes stops or slows down some insects. But it might help to know what particular insect your after.The eggs or the actual insect are usually "goners" when sprayed directly. Maybe spraying the leaves with the soapy solution would make them mighty untasty to a bug.

@rrebuck You prolly won’t see the slugs or snails in the daytime. They hide until dark when they won’t get baked by the sun.

You can test to see if they’re at fault with a saucer/cake plate nestled down even with the dirt, close to the damaged plant, then dribble it almost full with beer. They’re attracted to the beer and will drown in it, so you’ll have the evidence you need.

If all the beer is gone in the morning, it’s probably dogs, coons, or some critter you need to fence out.

My lawn.. that's how I been keeping it.. food plot for the rabbits. There always there.

Attachments

• 20240525_142852.jpg
    20240525_142852.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240525_142821.jpg
    20240525_142821.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240525_143036.jpg
    20240525_143036.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
thinking.

going try some fish guts in the tea.

I'm not going to need tea for another month.

Thinking.. I can freeze the guts in those vacuum bags.

thinking.

going try some fish guts in the tea.

I'm not going to need tea for another month.

Thinking.. I can freeze the guts in those vacuum bags.
I bow fish for carp during the spawn. I chunk them up and freeze them in ice cream buckets, thaw them out and till into the garden. Works pretty good. A lot of commercial fertilizer has fish parts listed.

I bow fish for carp during the spawn. I chunk them up and freeze them in ice cream buckets, thaw them out and till into the garden. Works pretty good. A lot of commercial fertilizer has fish parts listed.

I was thinking catching blue gill probably.. there is a few to many. I could catch a carp or two chunked like that is all I'd need.

I don't know if one fish is better than the other.

Didn't read the whole 28 pages, but can I ask about the "food grade buckets" mentioned on the first page? Do regular plastic buckets, like those orange home depot buckets, leach out chemicals or something?

Back