• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Gardening ..again

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who has the Good well water..

We had it, Up Maine and in NH. That water was good. Always iced cold.

It's not everywhere you can drive a well and get that.

I have found that creating loops rather than straight runs will even out the flow.
Thanks for the advice. I have a lot of extra tubing left. This is my first attempt. I figure with the weed barrier, and watering at the roots will keep the weeds at bay.

I just hoed and raked the 8 vegetable beds this afternoon and will be sticking seeds in the ground as soon as I get off this infernal machine. One bed already has tomato plants, another has peppers. I planted peas in their bed, using seeds from last year (or the year before), and ONE came up in a two week period. I'll try again with fresh seeds but it's getting pretty late to get them growing, considering that the hot weather is upon us! The wife is burned out on squash and zucchini but I'm planting them anyway to see if fresh will change her mind. Ditto for green beans.

So without further ado, I am getting off here to plant seeds, then water the veggie garden, roses and front yard flower planter.

~WH~

I keep a bucket under my Air Conditioner mainly to keep it from making a big puddle beneath.With our humidity it drips constantly. Do you think that "condensed water" is any good for watering the veggies? There can't be any minerals in that stuff.

I keep a bucket under my Air Conditioner mainly to keep it from making a big puddle beneath.With our humidity it drips constantly. Do you think that "condensed water" is any good for watering the veggies? There can't be any minerals in that stuff.
Good question and I don't know the answer. Here at home we have a good, deep well. Water is full of minerals and taste great. Has to be beneficial to the plants. At the camp, in the middle of nowhere, I actually have township water, even though there are no real towns anywhere close. It's convenient and taste ok, but it's still cloronated and not nearly as good for vegetables.

I would think there is plenty enough minerals in the ground. I would use it.

I only eat tomatoes when they are in season. No comparison. Pink opaque tasteless blobs the other months of the year.
Same here. We eat them a couple times a day as long as they're producing. Usually have plenty to freeze for soup and sauces. The only store bought tomatoes my Wife buys in the off season are some of the cherry tomatoes they import and not many of them.

Same here. We eat them a couple times a day as long as they're producing. Usually have plenty to freeze for soup and sauces. The only store bought tomatoes my Wife buys in the off season are some of the cherry tomatoes they import and not many of them.
Yessir. Even good for breakfast seared in a pan with a dusting of Italian seasoning, of Montreal steak seasoning. Can't wait.

I just hoed and raked the 8 vegetable beds this afternoon and will be sticking seeds in the ground as soon as I get off this infernal machine. One bed already has tomato plants, another has peppers. I planted peas in their bed, using seeds from last year (or the year before), and ONE came up in a two week period. I'll try again with fresh seeds but it's getting pretty late to get them growing, considering that the hot weather is upon us! The wife is burned out on squash and zucchini but I'm planting them anyway to see if fresh will change her mind. Ditto for green beans.

So without further ado, I am getting off here to plant seeds, then water the veggie garden, roses and front yard flower planter.

~WH~
I can send you a good zucchini bread recipe. It cans nicely and is good with a drop or 2 or 10 of honey. You can enjoy it all year.

Traded a Couple bunches of spring onions off to the new BBQ joint for a couple pounds of jalapeño cheddar smoked sausages.. And made a handshake deal for supplying them in dill and basil this year..
If we could have ever get some sunshine, my tomato and pepper plants might stand a chance...
The kids have a produce stand out in the front yard a few times a summer and it all sells out pretty quick.
I think it helps they're still cute, me selling tomatos kinda ruins your appetite..

Traded a Couple bunches of spring onions off to the new BBQ joint for a couple pounds of jalapeño cheddar smoked sausages.. And made a handshake deal for supplying them in dill and basil this year..
If we could have ever get some sunshine, my tomato and pepper plants might stand a chance...
The kids have a produce stand out in the front yard a few times a summer and it all sells out pretty quick.
I think it helps they're still cute, me selling tomatos kinda ruins your appetite..
Sounds like you got a pretty good sized garden.Yeah cute kids would have an advantage in selling over us "not-so-cute-guys".

Hail Yesterday.

IMG_5729_HailPeppers-1000.jpg

Back