• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Gardening ..again

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Birds stealing your potatoe plants. Turkeys don't even steal those anymore.

At first. You had to guard potatoe pants around here from the turkeys. They would swoop in and eat it all up before it's even ready. That's not even a worry anymore.

Allot of good gardens around here.

I was guessing most of you are organic too. I've did both

Jack's is good. I used the Jack's stuff.

I have a fish tank!! Good soil. All organic.

I'd like to get more water. Put a small pond in the yard. Rain barrels.

I'll buy anything coast of Maine company.. there good.

The fish sht.. it works but I'm not paying that for that. Like there making a fortune on fish poo.

People here who don't eat tomatoes. They grow those tomatoes. They want to give it to friends who do when they visit. You know look how nice my tomatoes are. Gotta try it.

Everyone's growing tomatoes..
I only eat tomatoes when they are in season. No comparison. Pink opaque tasteless blobs the other months of the year.

Green tomatoes. I like those jarred

My dad does a good job. You know with the vinegar and oil.

Stuffed cherry peppers too.

Green tomatoes too. I like those jarred

My dad does a good job. You know with the vinegar and oil.

Stuffed cherry peppers too.
Never tried canning green tomatoes. I'll fry a few. We usually make salsa, and can a lot of our surplus tomatoes. I eat a manure ton of them also.

He has a vinegar barrel My dad. Gives me a bottle every year.

I want a vinegar barrel.. I think white oak barrel.

Never tried canning green tomatoes. I'll fry a few. We usually make salsa, and can a lot of our surplus tomatoes. I eat a manure ton of them also.
I'll try to get the info on how he does it..

I think you Salt the water out.. then marinade in vinegar for so long. Then fill the jar up with tomato. Then add the oil up to the top and cap it..

I'm not sure though.

I'll try to get the info on how he does it..

I think you Salt the water out.. then marinade in vinegar for so long. Then fill the jar up with tomato. Then add the oil up to the top and cap it..

I'm not sure though.
👍

It's hunting club food really. Hunting with old Italians. The food we ate.

I like bringing the jarred tomatoes and peppers if my dad had it to give.

I'd bring trout enough for a night.

They had the sauce going all week..

Pasta everynight. With some meat.

The salads with vinegar..

Good bread.

Wine. Homemade everyone brought there wine.

Had tripe that was good.

The cold cuts. Lunches. sandwiches. Everything all the good stuff.

Breakfast. Eggs bacon toast usually.

A turkey once.

Rabbit.

The Deer neck was good too.

Carolina. They did a pig roast at the end of the week usually. If we bought they cooked. It wasn't that much money either.

Ice cream and pie.

They all had good gardens to.

It was popular to Give plants to friends. Everyone had extra of something..

Then when its ready. You giving that away because you have to much.

It's something to give away. Friendly neighbors and all.

Finally got the drip irrigation system done today. The planning was harder than Chinese math, the doing not so bad. Had to make a trip to the store for more T valves, but everything is getting a drink. Bout the only thing bad I have to say is the further down the line it gets, the less drip those plants get. But they're roots are all getting water.
I have found that creating loops rather than straight runs will even out the flow.

I have found that creating loops rather than straight runs will even out the flow.

I had a pond. I put in a good size plastic pond in the sun.. I'd throw a pump in that and water from it.

You have to refill what you use. The sun i think it gets out the bad stuff I think.. I noticed a difference.

For the pond I wired it's pump to a motion sensor. So when something or you walk by it turns on a for a litte while then shuts off

.allot of my water is the "tea"

Even a scoop of Manure In a 5 gal bucket water to brew is good. Cheap.

Coast of Maine stuff.. like aa fish bone meal or lobster meal.. teaspoon to a gallon of water let that brew.

Coffee milk banana.

Depending what they need.

had a heart to heart with my lawn mower repair guy (after my chain saw conked out ...) learned some interesting stuff ... if you use low octane gas (regular) the engine runs hotter, so splurge and buy high- test ... also, even if you add a stabilizer, it starts to break down after a few weeks ... a few months it's starting to go downhill, and after six months, he recommended that i put it my car and replace it with a new batch ... also, of course, use small batches

hope this helps

had a heart to heart with my lawn mower repair guy (after my chain saw conked out ...) learned some interesting stuff ... if you use low octane gas (regular) the engine runs hotter, so splurge and buy high- test ... also, even if you add a stabilizer, it starts to break down after a few weeks ... a few months it's starting to go downhill, and after six months, he recommended that i put it my car and replace it with a new batch ... also, of course, use small batches

hope this helps
I keep a can of gasoline on hand just for mowers,weedeaters, and tillers (and my sister-in-law's car) but at least once or twice a month I put on it in my pickup or Carol's car and buy some more. Got to keep it fresh.

We just may be eating good fresh tomatoes in a few days. They are still green today but they are coming along.

.allot of my water is the "tea"

Even a scoop of Manure In a 5 gal bucket water to brew is good. Cheap.

Coast of Maine stuff.. like aa fish bone meal or lobster meal.. teaspoon to a gallon of water let that brew.

Coffee milk banana.

Depending what they need.
I use manure tea as well.Last year we had a donkey named Chokey. I jokingly tell my wife, Carol, that I'm using "Chokey tea". My sister-in-law says she isn't about to eat tomatoes that were fertilized that way. I told her she already has been for a few years. Fun watching her turn green.

Last edited:
We use to raise rabbits. That's really good.

The lobster n crab compost. I added to the soil when planting I'd dig a little bigger of a hole and fill it back in with good stuff.

The rabbit should be used more around. That's a second to fish poo I think. That combo is awesome.

I need a fence for the garden. Or I would have started everything indoor.

Next year I think it's garden fence and all.

This year I think we're going to let the kids do flowers everywhere.

I've been digging all the bad it's bad soil out of the flower beds and replacing it with used super soil.

Garden to.. I just been dumping all used super soil right there.

Back