• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Gardening ..again

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll try the yellow bucket trick. I haven't planted squash yet. Could you replant?
I might could but it will be getting very hot in a month or two. Alot of gardeners have to deal with the cold weather, we have the extreme heat down here.Plus it's rough on the gardener too.

Last edited:
We’ve got a woodchuck who lives under our shed and keeps getting into the garden, and a rabbit, too. They only seem to come out when I don’t have time to deal with them, but I’ve had a trail camera on the garden, so we’ll see if I can pattern them. And then a couple of weeks ago, while my wife was in the garden, she got a visit. 🤬
Jay
image000001.jpeg

I thought I was through planting for this season. Yesterday our Pastor spoke of the "planting of seeds". He took it literally and handed out veggie seeds. I came home with 4 large seeds,I think they are Zucchini. They are planted (containers)
and I guess we'll see what happens.

We had a thunderstorm along with some hail through here yesterday. It sounded like it was pretty severe hitting our metal roof. I just knew the tomatoes would be shredded. But everything seems alright, not much damage. Few broken limbs but that was mainly wind damage.

I have no clue. I used to garden.

The rabbit and then one night deer. It was gone.

I need it fence in.

I have other things to do it all adds up.

Planted strawberry right in the front flower bed. There OK still there so I'll buy more.

Got a little blue berry bush. Rabbits ate it. I put a cage around what was left and it came back. So I'll get a couple and cage them right away.

It was more my daughter's garden this one.. let's just say she's ready to shoot a bunny or deer.

Attachments

• 20230722_091438.jpg
    20230722_091438.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230722_091446.jpg
    20230722_091446.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 0
that was garden on a budget.. still cost money.

We got some plants from everywhere.. tractor supply Walmart home depot. For the kids.

Then again I wait to cut the lawn and I cut half at a time. I like seeing the bunny's. Planted clover too..

Picked the first creole tomato along with some cherry tomatoes today. A happy little gardener.
Very nice! I should be able to plant tomorrow. Looking forward to the first ripe mater of the year. I always make a tomato sammich. Lots of mayo and salt and pepper. I think if I had to choose between a first pick tomato sandwich, and a ribeye, I'd take the tomato sandwich.

We had a thunderstorm along with some hail through here yesterday. It sounded like it was pretty severe hitting our metal roof. I just knew the tomatoes would be shredded. But everything seems alright, not much damage. Few broken limbs but that was mainly wind damage.
Tin roof on the kitchen porch because I always loved the sound of rain on a metal roof. The noise is 99 out of a hundred worse than any imagined damage.

Man I love a good ribeye, but agree with @snakebit, especially on the first few tomato sandwiches. Either Dukes or Blue Plate mayo and lots of salt and pepper. Now if you add some beacon it’s a hands down favorite. But after the first 3 or 4 I’ll take the ribeye too!
Love a ribeye, but it's usually more fat than I ought to be eating. Generally eat strip steaks. Good beef doesn't want more than salt andpepper and agood hot iron sear and not too much cooking.

Back