• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Ft. Frederick Market Fair

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife and I are very interested in attending this event next year. We live in Nevada where we can only dream about events like the market faire. Do you know if it would be possible for us, being out of state, to purchase a rifle if we find one we want? I know in Nevada (as well as other western states) we can purchase bp firearms over the counter, but don't know the laws in MD.

Thanks!

Pretty sure you can if you are allowed to have firearms. (I.e. Not a felon, etc).

Traditional muzzleloaders are not treated as normal guns, as they fall into the antique category. They don't require a FFL to make the sake and don't need a NICS background check.

When it comes to burdensome firearm laws, MD is one of the worst.

However, muzzleloaders are treated as antiques and are not subject to any crazy restrictions. Just have a plan on how you will get it home.

Also, if you carry a modern firearm for personal protection, you will most likely need to leave it at home. Research this well. I am not a lawer :)

Back